Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
Dallas

Dinkydid1 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 pm
:) Hi as a newbie i ask the simple question is thier a way of trading Greyhounds it may be a daft question but don't seem to get the right impession from this thread there is
I would advise using automation for greyhounds, there is way too many markets to attempt to sit and trade manually but a bot will plod on all day!
But if you have never traded them you'll need to sit and watch some markets and even have a play manually to get a feel for how they move before trying to automate something

There is 2-3 bots in the main shared files section which are made especially for greyhounds markets which can be used as a starting point.
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=56
whimsies

Still being a bit of a newbee I have found it very useful to screen record the dog racing and sit and review the footage, with a cup of coffee without the presure of money being involved.
sionascaig

So 11:03 at PBarr went off 30 secs early & 11:19 race 40 secs early.... Anyone else noticed this or maybe just a problem with my set up?
Dallas

sionascaig wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:21 am
So 11:03 at PBarr went off 30 secs early & 11:19 race 40 secs early.... Anyone else noticed this or maybe just a problem with my set up?
I just happen to be testing something this morning and know it still hadn't gone off with 10secs to go (the 11:19)
sionascaig

Thanks Dallas - looks like its me then (

Reset the internet time and seems to have made a difference.... 11:48 goes off late )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetScalper

Even if your clock is synced with Betfair, greyhounds have been know to go off 40 seconds early.

Main reason being the previous race(s) went off late. This can happen when a dog is suddenly withdrawn from the race.

I have also been at some tracks where the on-course bookies have been in discussion with stadium officials and then hey presto all of a sudden the dogs are quickly put into the traps and the race goes off with allot of punters looking at their watches asking WTF is going on.

If your trading blindly, often with no TV pictures then you can get caught out. Best to listen to the radio where possible.

Most of the time you will be fine trading down to 15 seconds before the scheduled start.

But be careful because you will get stung on the odd occasion and not be able to close your trade out.
MemphisFlash

lovely day today, over £300 on the dogs
dogs today.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Since I saw comments on races going off early I thought I would actively monitor it. It just does this by looking at the time the market is suspended and measuring it, so it will pick up when the market is suspended due to a runner being withdrawn. So not completely clean.

On the last 2773 races the market was suspended early 14 times. Probably the majority were withdrawn dogs I suggest?

The average start time was 40 seconds after advertised post time with a standard deviation of 45 seconds.
deansaccount

Euler wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:44 am
Since I saw comments on races going off early I thought I would actively monitor it. It just does this by looking at the time the market is suspended and measuring it, so it will pick up when the market is suspended due to a runner being withdrawn. So not completely clean.

On the last 2773 races the market was suspended early 14 times. Probably the majority were withdrawn dogs I suggest?

The average start time was 40 seconds after advertised post time with a standard deviation of 45 seconds.
Thanks for this info. So do you have your bot greening up when the clock hits 0:00?
Euler

I'm experimenting with hedging at zero and going past post and using SP. I'm not sure the market can take much at SP without distorting it. I currently run a bot that just hedges at zero and the one past post is completely experimental. I use SP on both as a safety measure.
deansaccount

Euler wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:54 am
I'm experimenting with hedging at zero and going past post and using SP. I'm not sure the market can take much at SP without distorting it. I currently run a bot that just hedges at zero and the one past post is completely experimental. I use SP on both as a safety measure.
Ok thanks.
sionascaig

Thanks for posting your start time analysis Euler.... I have experienced a lot of problems with races going off early and this confirms its a problem with my setup. After re-syncing the PC clock the problem seems to have resolved its self.

PS: I did find an article that mentioned that the microsoft time clock (which is the default internet sync clock) experienced problems in April 2017 resulting it problems across the world.... Looking forward to a more normalised experience )
Euler

I use time sync tools to make sure my clock is as accurate as possible at all times: -

http://www.timesynctool.com/
deansaccount

Euler wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:48 am
I use time sync tools to make sure my clock is as accurate as possible at all times: -

http://www.timesynctool.com/
Handy tool, thanks.
deansaccount

How is everyone getting on with their Greyhound bots? Mine make the huge figure of £12 yesterday :D

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”