A place to discuss anything.
dt888

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:22 am
dt888 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:22 pm
One word - Manipulation

However I dont think weight of money is useless at all

I would never place a trade either manually or with a bot from the weight of money percentage figure alone, but the weight of money I can see with my own eyes when looking at the ladder is very important in my opinion. Even if it is to place a trade in the opposite direction to the way the weight of money might look at the time

Many people moan about manipulation and I understand why, but the trick is to just get on with it and learn ways to use in in your favour. Some ways that people manipulate the market is very easy to spot and others a lot more subtle
Hello thank you for your answer.

basically do you trade only when the WOM is clearly showing an interest into laying or into backing at a given moment?

Let-s suppose for example that at a given moment the WOM is at 0,33% and then it clearly shows a market willing backing... so do you enter into the trade confidently?

Also I would like to know how are you able to spot if there is manipulation or there is a true willing into baking or laying at a given time
As I said some manipulation patterns are easy to spot, others will take many months or more in the markets to get a grip on what's happening and use it to your advantage. There are some manipulation patterns that still pop up now from time to time that I first noticed when I first started 7 years ago
Lucacrebbe

dt888 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:59 am

As I said some manipulation patterns are easy to spot, others will take many months or more in the markets to get a grip on what's happening and use it to your advantage. There are some manipulation patterns that still pop up now from time to time that I first noticed when I first started 7 years ago
Any example?

can you to share link to any example ?.
Lucacrebbe

RedBrain wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:15 am
BetScalper wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:54 am
Where do you get $328 from ????
It's liability.
to75ne wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 am
you appear to be confusing (or conflating) liability and W.O.M.
No, I undestand the difference. I want to say that WOM is not an indicator that you can rely on :) you need to see how money come into the market (in small portions or not), calculate the real amount of money. WOM is not accurate and can be easily manipulated.

I have understood.. you say that there is a difference between the money in lay or in back

But it s not easy to calculate immediatley how much money there is in back or in lay and to calculate the liability... I mean, I know that the WOM does not take into consideration the liability , yes but it is not easy to calculate it without any indicator
How can you do this?
RedBrain

I don't need exact calculation. just simple multiplication of rounded numbers. but you didn't undetstand what I was talking about in general. It looks like you desperately searching for some "working" indicator, or exact signals for entering market. it works another way. you must look at market and understand what is going, who is "winning team" bakers or layers - in the current moment and in time. after some amount of markets you will start to spot some situations that will indicate further direction of the price.
Lucacrebbe

RedBrain wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:11 pm
you must look at market and understand what is going, who is "winning team" bakers or layers - in the current moment and in time.
How can I spot who is the winning team at a given moment ?

Does the weight of money give you that information ?

Where the WoM is less than 50%, the amount waiting to be matched in unmatched Lay bets is greater than the amount in unmatched Back bets. Where the the WoM is greater than 50%, the amount waiting to be matched in Back bets is higher than the amount in unmatched Lay bets.
ShaunWhite

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:24 pm
RedBrain wrote:
you must look at market and understand what is going, who is "winning team" bakers or layers - in the current moment and in time.
By seeing where the money is being matched. Seeing how the unmatched amounts fall with actually matches, and/or rise with additional money hoping to be matched. WoM without seeing where and what is being matched is only half the picture.

Remember WoM is just orders, there's no flag to say if it's speculative (like traders sitting on a support level hoping for a dip and bounce) or if it's money that wants to get on (like punters or bookies). The first type might get pulled in a flash and smash through, the second type might chase the price the way wom is 'supposed' to do.
Derek27

Luca, the best way to learn trading is to practice and experiment with small stakes. There is only so much you can learn in the class room without trading.
RedBrain

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 5:35 am
Luca, the best way to learn trading is to practice and experiment with small stakes. There is only so much you can learn in the class room without trading.
I agree with Derek. My advice - choose market, choose horse, try to analyze and explain to yourself will this horse drift or go down at the start of the race, then place a small bet and the just watch what will happen till the end (use take SP option to exit market on start). don't care about profit and loss, consider it's lesson you pay for. and don't try to take profit or cut the loss! just watch. your patience will be rewarded. and while you watch think about what is happening, you become the part of one team so try to understand what other "team" do on market, where they do it (I mean odds - better have standart and advanced charts open, even if you do not understand what they show, you will note something interesting). and then answer to yourself what wrong have you done. what should you have done to perform better with this trade.

and also look at the WoM indicator - and compare to what happening. better to record this from screen.
threedogs

Yes its ok to watch videos and read about trading and even take courses and some are much better than others but the market itself is the best teacher and if you dont learn it will punish you and thats the best way to learn because you dont forget hard learned lessons and after plenty of time it dawns on you that certain patterns emerge and in the main can be trusted to have the same outcome and every time you see these patters you know what to do and more importamtly why the prices will go one way or the other and I believe that you can learn to predict prices to a large extent even though sometimes the market will not react as expected but even then you can analize and find out what happened ..
Sometimes it feels like you will never beat the markets but eventually you keep making an overall profit and thats why its best to take a long term view and not just a few trades and accept that you will occasionally get it wrong and lose small amounts of money and if you acjieve an awerage 90% strike rte as many do then the future is bright and always remember that if you get greedy and take more risks you are just gambling and badly at that.. Best wishes all and good luck or as I like to say " I make my own luck " haha .........
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:17 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:24 pm
RedBrain wrote:
By seeing where the money is being matched. Seeing how the unmatched amounts fall with actually matches, and/or rise with additional money hoping to be matched. WoM without seeing where and what is being matched is only half the picture.

Remember WoM is just orders, there's no flag to say if it's speculative (like traders sitting on a support level hoping for a dip and bounce) or if it's money that wants to get on (like punters or bookies). The first type might get pulled in a flash and smash through, the second type might chase the price the way wom is 'supposed' to do.

I think I have understood.

The weight of money is speculative, you need the money that is really about to get matched to understand where the market is moving, if up or down.

Which indicator do you use to understand this? Do you take a look at the ladder?

Let's suppose the WOM is bearish, indicating that there is a predominant willing to back instead of laying.

Well how do you spot where there is the real money that is being matched instead of focusing only speculativly on WOM?

Guys I am asking for help, I would like to understand.. please, could you use simple words?
A simple example would be great, because I can't understand the process
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:38 pm
Hello everyone, I am Luca, I want go straight to the point.

When it comes to trading I am a little champion.

Everyone could have a talent, and my talent is this.

I have all logical-matematical way of thinking, innate sense of prediction, no emoctions when the market go against me, good sense of risk/reward ratio and so on.
What's happened to your innate sense of prediction?
Emmson

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6916&hilit=wom&start=30

Whole thread is interesting particularly last post on WOM. ^^^
ShaunWhite

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:24 pm
Well how do you spot where there is the real money that is being matched instead of focusing only speculativly on WOM?

Guys I am asking for help, I would like to understand.. please, could you use simple words?
Traded volume = matched.
WoM = unmatched.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:57 am
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:24 pm

Traded volume = matched.
WoM = unmatched.
I thought he was talking about money being traded at the time rather than historically.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:00 am
I thought he was talking about money being traded at the time rather than historically.
I think he does to. I don't know how to do it apart from just watching the tv at each price quickly/slowly increasing on the right of the ladder. Can't chart it and can't export it. I'm not sure if that's because it's useless or a little too useful ;)

Return to “General discussion”