Free Tommy Robinson

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Euler

TBH, I'd much prefer it if we talk about just trading, things get too emotive if we let the forum drift off topic. My attitude is to ignore it, but I know a lot of people find that hard to do. It would be best if we keep things focused on trading.
brimson25

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 1:40 pm
I was wondering where all the Fox News watchers would end up after it was taken off the air.

Forum becoming a little too right wing for me, think I'll take a break from it.
That would be a shame. Although, I do find myself troubled by the same feeling.

(I wouldn't agree with the "little" in the your last sentence, though. I'd pick a word like disgustingly or embarrassingly to replace it).
SeaHorseRacing

It was just a post to make aware and highlight for those who want to support someone who is in their interests due to the fact the gentlemen had been censored.
For anyone to consider leaving something they find overall useful over somebody's opinions is quite daft.

I think the purpose of this forum is to win, by doing so, learning,talking, and sharing.
There is a chill out area here, where their is no trading related topics which has had 100s of comments without a problem, but when something political comes into play people start cringing.
As i stated in the first post, I dont believe in everything the guy does, but the point was that there are many here who support who will be fully unknown about what has happened.
I am getting fed up with this left/right nonsense everywhere just allow life to continue where we can say what we like with reason, regardless of religion, hair colour or favourite pokemon. Who cares, just because someone is hurt doesnt me I should have my rights taken away and this is where its heading.

When I was growing up I only occasionally saw tv pictures of Maggie Thacther. You would hear how great she was etc but it never really crossed my mind. Few years back when i first worked in Wales when she died, me thinking everyone loved her, I heard nothing about what a c**** she was. How she took so many jobs away from the welsh valleys. The point is, politics cannot please all people. Their will always be a divide.

I honestly couldnt care if 99% of the other members had a different political view to me, but winging because they do is silly. This kind of reverts back to the words of islam. This is what it does and this is what it will do.
Id rather this world would cure diseases, look after children, research space and animals than repeating history the same it has for 1,000s of years.

I think will happily close this thread here.

Personally I dont like Man utd, mourihno gets on my tits and tbh its fair to say he can be quite a nasty man, but if I wanted to be a footballer, I wouldnt bite his hand would I?

Stop worrying about others opinions that are not the same as yours and maybe we wouldnt have a left or right.
Dallas

I know it has always been preferred to keep the moderation on this forum as light as possible which has worked well for the forum and everyone but this is a 'Trading' forum and I'm not sure why there have been so many topics like this of late but it might be time for some changes for topics like this.

We all have our political views etc and as Euler said above people often get emotional when expressing their views on the subject so they never end well and inevitably just cause offense to some users and benefit no one so think they are best posted on political' forums and that we keep any political discussion on here solely to their relevant markets and the topic of trading etc.
to75ne

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 3:01 pm
It was just a post to make aware and highlight for those who want to support someone who is in their interests due to the fact the gentlemen had been censored.
there is no evidence that " the gentlemen had been censored" quite the contrary within hours at least 1 national newspaper that IS politically quite closely aligned to tommy robinson, had reported it, as well as numerous webites etc.There as been no censorship or d notices. FACT.
LeTiss

I'm struggling to not contribute here :lol:

The whole situation makes my blood boil to the point where trading becomes quite difficult

Tommy Robinson is basically anti-establishment, and feels we are being brainwashed and gagged, especially when it comes to Muslims

The fact he was arrested for simply standing outside of the court doing a live stream, shows his arrest was politically motivated by the establishment

A worrying development in a so-called 'free' country
northbound

Dallas wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 3:02 pm
We all have our political views etc and as Euler said above people often get emotional when expressing their views on the subject so they never end well and inevitably just cause offense to some users and benefit no one so think they are best posted on political' forums and that we keep any political discussion on here solely to their relevant markets and the topic of trading etc.
I agree
to75ne

LeTiss wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 3:50 pm
I'm struggling to not contribute here :lol:

The whole situation makes my blood boil to the point where trading becomes quite difficult

Tommy Robinson is basically anti-establishment, and feels we are being brainwashed and gagged, especially when it comes to Muslims

The fact he was arrested for simply standing outside of the court doing a live stream, shows his arrest was politically motivated by the establishment

A worrying development in a so-called 'free' country
i would agree to a point but, to claim censorship and d notices were issued when the evidence is unambiguously contrary to such claims is ridiculous.
ShaunWhite

northbound wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 3:50 pm
Dallas wrote:
so think they are best posted on political' forums and that we keep any political discussion on here solely to their relevant markets and the topic of trading etc.
I agree
+1
jimibt

what's all this -coming in late on this one, couldn't be bothered to read any messages but presume the concentrated drink of our generation is under threat. are all flavours now banned, including barley orange??
Trader Pat

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 3:01 pm
For anyone to consider leaving something they find overall useful over somebody's opinions is quite daft.
If this was an isolated thread I'd roll my eyes, move on and forget about it but its not. There seems to be more threads popping up like this one and the same people contributing to them. I dont have a problem with people discussing things other than trading but at the top of the page it says Bet Angel COMMUNITY, and theres no better way of dividing a community than by talking about politics and religion. I've got plenty of political and social opinions but if I really needed to express them I'd choose one of the thousands of political forums on the internet, I wouldnt rock up to a cross-stitch forum and start talking about Donald Trump.

This is by far the best trading forum on the net mostly due to how genuinely helpful and respectful people are, last thing anybody wants is to see it becoming more like the Betfair fourm.
Halliday

jimibt wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:52 pm
what's all this -coming in late on this one, couldn't be bothered to read any messages but presume the concentrated drink of our generation is under threat. are all flavours now banned, including barley orange??
Certainly think the difficulty in obtaining Robinson’s Orange Barley is a far more serious issue than Tommy Robinson ( hasn’t he had about 4 different names ? ). Think Waitrose have it in offer at 2 for £3, if anyone know where it’s cheaper please tell !!

Think Robinson has done something similar on several occasions and currently has a suspended sentence hanging over him.Plently of coverage of the incident and arrest so not quite sure what opening poster is bleating about. Certainly no censorship.

He continues to have freedom of speech in this country, and certainly hasn’t been gagged .Last person I would use to garner support against censorship etc

Agree with others not the place to discuss such a divisive topic and odious person .
Kafkaesque

Dallas wrote:
I know it has always been preferred to keep the moderation on this forum as light as possible which has worked well for the forum and everyone but this is a 'Trading' forum and I'm not sure why there have been so many topics like this of late but it might be time for some changes for topics like this.

If you guys insist on keeping a no moderation policy, can I suggest adding an "ignore" function? It's in use to good effect on the biggest Danish poker forum, as off topics were drowning out what the forum was about in the first place. In the effect of having the option to put threads or whole subforums on ignore, meaning they don't show up in "New posts". People can have at it debating politics, and confirming each other in how the World is going to shit. It's not why I'm here though, and I gather I'm not the ony one by any means. I don't need a mental image of Tommy Robinson spewing hate every time, I stop by to check if there's anything interesting trading-wise on here.
ruthlessimon

Euler wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 1:47 pm
TBH, I'd much prefer it if we talk about just trading
But are topics like that in anyone's interest to discuss publicly; in the same depth as this thread? (especially those with the super insightful game-changing views)

I'd really love some in-depth, blood boiling discussions on the "impact of volume", "the impact of edge refinement (pros/cons)", "is volatility a tradable statistic", "is psychology overplayed" etc etc.

A thread such as this gets a lot of support (I believe) because, what is lost by being insightful to this thread? - nothing. & that in itself would make an amazing thread - "what really happens to an edge when it's shared". Is a new edge created through the predictable behaviour of the traders?, is that edge lost forever?, therefore is the real "edge" knowing how to make an edge etc.
Halliday

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:03 pm
Dallas wrote:

If you guys insist on keeping a no moderation policy, can I suggest adding an "ignore" function? It's in use to good effect on the biggest Danish poker forum, as off topics were drowning out what the forum was about in the first place. In the effect of having the option to put threads or whole subforums on ignore, meaning they don't show up in "New posts". People can have at it debating politics, and confirming each other in how the World is going to shit. It's not why I'm here though, and I gather I'm not the ony one by any means. I don't need a mental image of Tommy Robinson spewing hate every time, I stop by to check if there's anything interesting trading-wise on here.
Agreed .. the whole idea of trading for me is to make life more enjoyable and to give me the freedom to do the things I want .
There are lots of issues I support and things I feel strongly about, but this isn’t the place to air them , and I suspect most wouldn’t appreciate it if I did .

Really can’t understand the sense in posting a topic like this on here, and about a person who has a string of criminal convictions ranging from fraud to assault, and a record that goes on and on.Plain daft

Return to “Political betting & arguing”