Betfair API : Building own app and jumping odds

menulius

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question which is related to developing my own app which is not related to BetAngel.

So I'm building my own app and the first thing I'm trying to do is to get prices. The problem I'm having is that prices are jumping enormously :(

Please see the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrfC64YUHe0

Odds for a market can jump between 2.11 and 11 easily and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Do you have any suggestion?

I am using a delayed key, that's why my odds are different from the Betfair odds on the screen. But I think it should not be jumping so much.

I've tried to use Betfair API sample from GitHub(https://github.com/betfair/stream-api-s ... .ESAClient) and I tried to write everything myself according to Betfair documentation(when it was still working). However, the end result is the same. Odds are jumping up and down like crazy

Any advice on this issue?

UPDATE: I thought maybe it would be useful to provide more information about what my code does.

1) get ListMarkeCatalogs and populate them to the grid.
2) get MarketBooks for selected markets and update prices in my Data Grid.

I have a timer in my form which triggers to get market books every 0.05s and everytime it gets new marketbooks, runner price is very different from the previous call. That is why I called jumping odds

LinusP

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:03 am

It’s the delayed key, you need a live one for accurate odds.

menulius

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:43 am

Hi Linus,

Thank you for the reply. I had a feeling that it might be a delayed key but just wanted to double check with someone before paying £300 for it. Thanks again. I will try to buy it and update this thread if that was an issue.

Return to “Betfair API”

• Information