Changing Default Settings

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ANGELS15

I feel a little embarassed asking this but I've tried searching the site and can't find the answer: When I first used Bet Angel, like many I was initially caught out by the bet confirmation messages popping up preventing my automation firing. I soon learned how to save revised settings to prevent this. The problem is though that every time I log in I have to remember to select my settings. 99% of the time I remember, however there has been the odd occasion I've forgotten and my automation has not been placed.

Is there a way to set things up so your saved settings become the default settings without you having to remember to load/select them every time you log in?
greenmark

Its on the BetAngel login. Profile - Settings.
ANGELS15

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:51 am
Its on the BetAngel login. Profile - Settings.
Sorry I still don't get it, I can edit and save settings but can't see how to make them appear automatically as default when I sign in.
greenmark

Login.png
Profie - Settings drop down list?
Once set on the login screen it stays there (well, for me anyway).
Or am i misunderstanding?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

If you use multiple settings profiles you'll need to ensure the Bet Confirmation is turned off on them all

After logging on just load each settings profile and go into
Settings > Edit Settings > Behaviour
and make sure Bet Confirmation is unticked - if not untick it and click save
Then re-save that settings profile by clicking
Settings > Save Settings

Then keep doing that til you've checked each profile and unticked and re-saved on any that still had it enabled
ANGELS15

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:12 pm
Login.png

Profie - Settings drop down list?
Once set on the login screen it stays there (well, for me anyway).
Or am i misunderstanding?
Thanks so much! I hadn't really paid much attention to that profile setting on the login screen. Now there's no danger of me forgetting to have my settings as default.
ANGELS15

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:24 pm
If you use multiple settings profiles you'll need to ensure the Bet Confirmation is turned off on them all

After logging on just load each settings profile and go into
Settings > Edit Settings > Behaviour
and make sure Bet Confirmation is unticked - if not untick it and click save
Then re-save that settings profile by clicking
Settings > Save Settings

Then keep doing that til you've checked each profile and unticked and re-saved on any that still had it enabled
Thanks for the advice Dallas much appreciated.
foxhound

I had the same problem, edit the comms.cfg file, in /users/appdata/roaming/bet angel/bet angel professional/comms.cfg.
you can open a notepad, then drag the file, change the second "<factory default>" line, to your profile name, then save it.
Reopen Bet Angel and make sure it worked.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”