Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:36 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:30 pm
Emmson wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:08 pm
There is a clear distinction between *Muslims* and *Islamists* go and look it up in the dictionary. Of course If he had said *Muslims* he would still have been wrong.

London btw under Sadiq Khan is bucking the trend in economic growth in last few years, outstripping growth in all other UK regions by a long, long way. He won't get any credit and maybe he shouldn't but its a stone cold fact nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/RuthDavidsonPC/stat ... 4774382989

YES! a dog whistle
I don't think ther is any difference between a Muslim and an Islamist is there? There is a massive difference between a muslim and a radical islamic extremist.
Just as there is a massive difference between a protestant and the ku klux clan.

Oops. Happy corner. Doh!
Islam is a religion, Islamists are political. It's the difference between Christians and Tories.
Anyhow. PM me on this or post on a different thread. This is the Happy Corner.
I'm still wallowing in the new experience of Pearl Jam and revisiting my music thanks to Dublin_Flyer. :-)
Derek27

I've just tried on a pair of 32"-waist jeans and they're too loose. :D
to75ne

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:52 pm
label misprinted?
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:52 pm
Probably due to the amount of dumps you have and keep telling everyone about… 🤣
Derek27

I've completed my 5 dangerous assignments and come back in one piece, with £10 in my ASDA cashpot. :D

Apparently, size 32 is the smallest size they have. I'll wear my 32"-waist jeans with pride, even if they do end up around my ankles. :mrgreen:
ODPaul82

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:25 pm
I've completed my 5 dangerous assignments and come back in one piece, with £10 in my ASDA cashpot. :D

Apparently, size 32 is the smallest size they have. I'll wear my 32"-waist jeans with pride, even if they do end up around my ankles. :mrgreen:
I have a size 32 belt unused if you want it. Think I may have got my size wrong ever so slightly........
Derek27

ODPaul82 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:04 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:25 pm

I have a size 32 belt unused if you want it. Think I may have got my size wrong ever so slightly........
I've got a couple of belts thanks. Never need them when the jeans come out of the wash, until a couple of days.
ODPaul82

As a 36 inch waist right now with the crap weather and not walking I definitely don't need them.
My diet started with semi-healthy aspect for trading of some toast with chorizo, juice followed by whole grain sainsburys cheerios.

It descended into 3 cherry bakewells, 2 white magnums, chinese ready meal & a bottle of tempranillo. bottle number 2 about to be consumed (Friday is full automation day, zero tennis manually)
Bakewells are like my kryptonite though.
Derek27

ODPaul82 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:32 pm
As a 36 inch waist right now with the crap weather and not walking I definitely don't need them.
My diet started with semi-healthy aspect for trading of some toast with chorizo, juice followed by whole grain sainsburys cheerios.

It descended into 3 cherry bakewells, 2 white magnums, chinese ready meal & a bottle of tempranillo. bottle number 2 about to be consumed (Friday is full automation day, zero tennis manually)
Bakewells are like my kryptonite though.
I haven't been feeling too well in the last 2-3 months. Pain when swallowing certain foods and had to give up pizza, crisps, sausages, don't even think about a donner kebab. But every cloud has a silver lining ... I've lost a stone. :D

I'm gonna be having an endoscopy but I'm starting to feel better over the last fortnight.
ODPaul82

That's good that you're feeling better, definitely good idea to go have it checked out.

Since the new year I've eased back massively on wine consumption. Think I've had 6 in total whereas before I'd easily have had 1 bottle most evenings, sometimes 2
Trying to sort diet out, exercise more. I'd go for a swim but I've got a body image problem so once I've lost a bit of weight I'll start going again.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:05 am
I'm gonna be having an endoscopy but I'm starting to feel better over the last fortnight.
Looks a very uncomfortable procedure :shock:

Could be a good opportunity to give up smokes and/or booze? I had a stomach bug or something around 25ish and anything I ate would cramp me up later, so they gave me a little 7-day diet that started with a plain egg to build up the stomach's tolerance again and said no alcohol or smoking etc. Felt good so basically used that to ultimately give up both habits.
Euler

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:05 am
As you get older, you will have to get used to getting things shoved in you. Hope it's something routine, it often is. Its just your body gets worse at processing things as it ages.

I've had an endoscopy, colonopsy and a Cystoscopy. So an unwanted hat trick there!

I've changed my diet significantly over the last ten years and that's helped a lot.
Kai

ODPaul82 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:39 am
I'd go for a swim but I've got a body image problem so once I've lost a bit of weight I'll start going again.
Just go for it mate, the health benefits of swimming will always outweigh a potentially raised eyebrow or two, of randoms whose shallow opinions have zero significance on your bottom line.

Nothing sexier than confidence as ladies would say :)
Derek27

Littering the streets with fag butts is flipping disgusting. So I've just purchased a pocket ashtray for just £4.39. :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EKdirect-Porta ... C84&sr=8-2
Derek27

Prince Andrew's Newsnight interview to be made into a Netflix drama. :D

He's gonna love that. :lol:

Return to “Chill Out Area”