New Betfair Plan

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
rik

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:37 am
I haven't received the offer.

The 10% rebate of losses on a whole calendar month sounds quite risky from Betfair's point of view, and open to abuse. You could easily lose a lot of money on correct score markets where the selection has already lost, assuming you can match your own bets on another exchange. I'd be interested to see the small print.
thats true could lead to people "arbing" with the 10% losses, maybe they have a cap on the maximum they will pay the 10% out for

havent been given the option to chose a price plan anyway
pythonic

You could easily lose a lot of money on correct score markets where the selection has already lost
No need to use betfair for that strategy, you could as well just send your money to me.
maksimus346

Hello everyone..I just received email and that offer too...And they even offered me only 2% commission in basic plan,which is very good for a trader in the attempt :D
Does anyone know if it can change later or is it permanent,after we choose?
Thank you.
JTEDL

It's on overall losses in a calendar month not per market.

Basic is way to go if trading.
Kai

maksimus346 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:47 am
Hello everyone..I just received email and that offer too...And they even offered me only 2% commission in basic plan,which is very good for a trader in the attempt :D
Thank you.
If you want more details about the plans you can just click on the "Select Plan" and read more about it below, before actually clicking on the "Confirm Plan".

You'll see the answer to your question there : "You can change to a different package at any time. Package changes take effect on the 1st day of the following month. Requesting a change does not impact any benefits you are due to receive in the current month."

Btw your username seems very familiar, I knew a fellow Balkanite with the same one :) If that is you then it's good to see you are still around trading (my username back then was Bruce Leet) :)
maksimus346

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:41 am
maksimus346 wrote:
Thank you.
If you want more details about the plans you can just click on the "Select Plan" and read more about it below, before actually clicking on the "Confirm Plan".

You'll see the answer to your question there : "You can change to a different package at any time. Package changes take effect on the 1st day of the following month. Requesting a change does not impact any benefits you are due to receive in the current month."

Btw your username seems very familiar, I knew a fellow Balkanite with the same one :) If that is you then it's good to see you are still around trading (my username back then was Bruce Leet) :)
Many thanks Kai :D
I was afraid to press "Select Plan" button :D ...Now I know and I will read.
Yes I am that fellow from Balkan :) And also I thought (I'm lying, I knew :D ) you were the same person from another forum....Your posts I like to read very much.
Life separated me a little bit from trading,but I always followed what is happening in world of trading :D .And now I'm ready to go again almost from the beginning :)
And for everyone,sorry if my English is not a perfect :)
Kai

maksimus346 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:15 am
Life separated me a little bit from trading,but I always followed what is happening in world of trading :D .And now I'm ready to go again almost from the beginning :)
Life indeed has an annoying habit of getting in the way of things, best of luck :)
Kafkaesque wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:30 pm
Did everyone get these options?

I've heard nothing. Then it wouldn't surprise me with special conditions for the Danish market.
Surprised people haven't commented much about the plan, it's kind of a big deal and would be helpful for people who don't know what to pick. Sorry Kafkaesque, but doesn't look like it includes Denmark. Afaik it was originally intended only for UK/IRE customers but as of last Tuesday they've apparently extended the offer to Finland, Norway, Croatia, Hungary and Latvia as well. Maybe they'll add more countries in the near future, might be worth asking. Premium Customers should be excluded from the offer by default, while Premium Charge paying customers should still be eligible.
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:37 am
The 10% rebate of losses on a whole calendar month sounds quite risky from Betfair's point of view, and open to abuse. You could easily lose a lot of money on correct score markets where the selection has already lost, assuming you can match your own bets on another exchange. I'd be interested to see the small print.
Well, regarding the losses apparently there is a limit of £100 per month per customer to prevent such abuse, that is as much as they are willing to cover. With any new system in place, they will probably be on the lookout for any type of abuse so I'd not be getting any fancy ideas about that, they've given plenty of warning in the T&C.
Derek27

pythonic wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:40 am
You could easily lose a lot of money on correct score markets where the selection has already lost
No need to use betfair for that strategy, you could as well just send your money to me.
I was drinking when I wrote that.....I was talking about matching your own bets, but it obviously can't be done from a different exchange. :oops:
wearthefoxhat

maksimus346 wrote:
Thank you.
I accepted the 2% option a couple of months ago. They haven't withdrawn it...yet, despite consistent winning.
Last edited by wearthefoxhat on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maksimus346

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:12 pm
maksimus346 wrote:
Thank you.
I accepted the 2% option a couple of months ago. They haven't withdrawn it...yet, despite consisistent winning.

Thanks!
LinusP

Those accepting 2% be prepared for a world of pain when/if you start paying PC.
rik

they still apply the discount on the 2,5% so paying half of what you pay currently no matter the discount rate??
Hooch

Have any UK customers received 2 or 2.5% commission email?
Crazyskier

Hooch wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:52 pm
That's what I was wondering. I've not had ANY email from Betfair, to my knowledge. Perhaps my 'penny-pinching' doesn't qualify me...

CS
Hooch

Crazyskier wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:16 pm
Hooch wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:52 pm
That's what I was wondering. I've not had ANY email from Betfair, to my knowledge. Perhaps my 'penny-pinching' doesn't qualify me...

CS
Seen a few UK users on it but no idea who or how one qualifies for it.

Return to “Betfair exchange”