Betfair P&L screen changes

A place to discuss anything.
spreadbetting

FFS just noticed they've changed the format to csv from XLS too, I normally download the pnl and send to a database weekly. Gonna have to recode things now they've changed format just have to hope they haven't changed fields too :(

Just noticed they've even changed the format and lost country fields so my old database is pretty much useless now :(:( :evil:
Last edited by spreadbetting on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naffman

How is this still not fixed?

Giving Hull City a run for their money on the worst run business in the uk
Ethanol

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:59 pm
FFS just noticed they've changed the format to csv from XLS too, I normally download the pnl and send to a database weekly. Gonna have to recode things now they've changed format just have to hope they haven't changed fields too :(

Just noticed they've even changed the format and lost country fields so my old database is pretty much useless now :(:( :evil:
:(

I'd hold off on that recoding. Things may change even more over the coming weeks...
spreadbetting

True, they must have rolled it back to previous data at least once as my database is up to 21 July with correct data. Just checked and I'd updated the DB 11:40 on 21st for the previous weeks data and this thread started the previous day.

Dunno how a so called tech company can get it wrong so often. I had a report this week for something different and they'd arsed that up by merging cells etc just to make it all look pretty, anyone getting that result would just want the raw data not a fancy xls sheet which probably took someone a week to do for no good reason.
Derek27

Next will be downloading someone else's P/L!
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:13 pm
Next will be downloading someone else's P/L!
That would be interesting!
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:59 pm

Don't make changes just yet. If you look back to the msg from Neil I posted you'll see they're addressing the event info and that should include country code.
ShaunWhite

If they'd just reinstate the market ID on the transaction statement you wouldn't even need the pl page except maybe for a check on today's pl. It's the transactions that are important not just a market total and for a few months now you can't group the transaction statement by market.
Derek27

I'm glad I haven't yet got round to writing code to import transaction data into a database. When I do I'll have to make the fields flexible and move data field by field. A straight-forward dump is out of the question now.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:43 pm
I'm glad I haven't yet got round to writing code to import transaction data into a database. When I do I'll have to make the fields flexible and move data field by field. A straight-forward dump is out of the question now.
I've been looking at Excel Power Pivot Get and Transform (catchy name). It might be a quick and dirty way to move things around but I haven't tried it. I've just remembered you're an Acess guy I think so I suppose that's got it all covered.
Naffman

They still haven't fixed it and we all know nothing gets done on the weekends at HQ - BF is going down the shitter, just so hard for anyone to compete though
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:04 pm
They still haven't fixed it and we all know nothing gets done on the weekends at HQ - BF is going down the shitter, just so hard for anyone to compete though
There's always Honest Joe. They've been carrying out maintenance for the last year or two but the site says they'll be up again shortly. ;)
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:10 pm
Naffman wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:04 pm
There's always Honest Joe. They've been carrying out maintenance for the last year or two but the site says they'll be up again shortly. ;)
Ahhhh no wonder why BF have been so slack then, when Joe gets back online BF will be back on their best behaviour
gazuty

P&L page down. :(
Kai

gazuty wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:24 am
P&L page down. :(
Don't think so, you sure? It's just been very slow recently. Takes sometimes like half a minute to load stuff up but works.

I like how it automatically loads today's P&L, this change is actually useful.

Return to “General discussion”