Take SP Not hedging

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ianhaines

Hi all

Hoping someone might help with an automation rule I've set up.

Put simply, its a back bet, with offset bet and greening. That part works fine, price comes in, offset bet triggers and greens, no problem.

The issue is that I have a rule that says "Take SP", which actually fires ok but the figure doesn't hedge, so if it goes in play, although the take SP fired and you don't lose your full stake, you still lose a hefty portion of it.

Am I missing a way of taking SP and hedging it so this doesn't happen?

Any advice welcome.

Ian
Dallas

You can't green up at using SP as there's no way of knowing what the SP odds for Bet Angel be to send the required stake for a level profit

The closest you can do is run another green up rule (armed to trigger a few times and with a 2-3sec re-arm) and have it start triggering 1 second after the race goes in-play
ianhaines

You are a legend Dallas.

I'll give that a try

Ian
rik

why dont you just use keep bet for greening up that way you ensure an even position which is not guaranteed if you put a new bet into the market and price moves against you
also chance of getting matched by SP bets and your immediately in the market at race start
if your pre match trading it might be better to play it safe with SP and just hedge the rest

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”