Betfair Account Restrictions & closed accounts - Getting them removed and accounts reopened

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
The Silk Run

Flutter Entertainment plc
CEO Mr Jeremy Peter JACKSON
[email protected]
firlandsfarm

Kai wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:44 pm
You can try to email the CEO, he's been known to get stuff done and forward issues to the right departments : [email protected]

If that fails then contacting [email protected] or [email protected] yourself still worth a shot
Thanks for that Kai. The [email protected] address will come in handy.

I had three Bf accounts until they discovered so last year, well they didn't discover so last year actually, they discovered so in 2010 when I asked them some questions re interlinking them and we openly discussed ways I could access and use them. Then when they 'refound' my extra accounts last year they closed them with no discussion and criticised me for breaching the rules which, if a breach, they were fully aware of! I was refused permission to inspect the accounts to check for any open positions (they were used for 24/7 bots, not BA) and confirm the balances simply saying they would transfer the balances to my remaining account after they have carried out their investigations. I was not happy at this strong arm tactic especially I could show them with historical emails that the additional accounts were opened without subterfuge and openly discussed with Bf. Anyway after a month no transfer of funds were received and my chasers have been ignored.

I was not in breach of any Bf rules when I open the 3 accounts. They were aware of the 3 accounts. Their tactics of refusing a last opening of the accounts for me to check things was unnecessary and unacceptable and to my mind made the accounts unsafe, a point they did not accept.
hecojef928

UK Customer here - last week, out of the blue, my account, which I've had for quite some time, got suspended. I was left scratching my head as to why it happened since I couldn't pinpoint any obvious reason. I've also been in the same location. After reaching out to support and providing the necessary documents, they quickly resolved the issue, and my account was back up and running.

It left me feeling pretty anxious tbh! It's unsettling to think that your account can be shut down without warning or explanation. Especially since I've been diving into trading lately, it really made me realize how online platforms can be! :?
Archery1969

hecojef928 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:14 pm
UK Customer here - last week, out of the blue, my account, which I've had for quite some time, got suspended. I was left scratching my head as to why it happened since I couldn't pinpoint any obvious reason. I've also been in the same location. After reaching out to support and providing the necessary documents, they quickly resolved the issue, and my account was back up and running.

It left me feeling pretty anxious tbh! It's unsettling to think that your account can be shut down without warning or explanation. Especially since I've been diving into trading lately, it really made me realize how online platforms can be! :?
The answer here is that it’s a platform which you use. You don’t own it, someone else does, if they want to block you for any reason then legally there is very little you can do about it.

But glad your situation got resolved.
xtrader16

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:23 pm
hecojef928 wrote:

The answer here is that it’s a platform which you use. You don’t own it, someone else does, if they want to block you for any reason then legally there is very little you can do about it.

I will remind you of this after they close your account. Change your tune then , Im sure.
Archery1969

:oops:
xtrader16 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:36 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
hecojef928 wrote:

I will remind you of this after they close your account. Change your tune then , Im sure.
Too late to remind me.

My account was closed on 26th February 2024 over a dispute which I lost.

Doesn’t bother me as have other players in the game so to speak who ultimately are taking all the risk.
hecojef928

Archery1969 wrote:
hecojef928 wrote:

I understand the shock that comes with relying on Betfair as a source of income; it can definitely be unnerving. It's made me more cautious too. Interestingly, nothing changed on my end; I simply woke up to find my account suspended and I am a small fish. Fortunately, the support team was helpful, and I provided all the requested information.

I haven't had a chance to delve into the original thread to grasp the reasons behind your account closure. What caused it? - Now that your account is closed, what's your plan moving forward? Have you explored transitioning to another platform like BetDAQ?
Archery1969

hecojef928 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:33 am
Archery1969 wrote:
hecojef928 wrote:

I understand the shock that comes with relying on Betfair as a source of income; it can definitely be unnerving. It's made me more cautious too. Interestingly, nothing changed on my end; I simply woke up to find my account suspended and I am a small fish. Fortunately, the support team was helpful, and I provided all the requested information.

I haven't had a chance to delve into the original thread to grasp the reasons behind your account closure. What caused it? - Now that your account is closed, what's your plan moving forward? Have you explored transitioning to another platform like BetDAQ?
I wont go into the reasons for the closure on here.

But, i came up with something, had it coded, then gave a demo to a group of people who signed an NDA.

Basically they bought it but still pay me a % for using it. So all the risk is now with them with deposits etc.

I am moving overseas next month and will be doing other things, wont be involved with BF or the exchanges anymore. No need to as will still get the % plus have other income sources etc.

So, in my case, now is all good.
hecojef928

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:39 am
hecojef928 wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:

But, i came up with something, had it coded, then gave a demo to a group of people who signed an NDA.

Basically they bought it but still pay me a % for using it. So all the risk is now with them with deposits etc.

I am moving overseas next month and will be doing other things, wont be involved with BF or the exchanges anymore. No need to as will still get the % plus have other income sources etc.

Oh, got you! It's reassuring that you have others who can make use of it and still gain some profit. I suppose it's better than nothing. Sorry to hear about your account. Being relatively new to this scene, I value other peoples experiences, as it was a shock to myself when I woke up. Wishing you all the best overseas!
Archery1969

hecojef928 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:58 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:39 am
hecojef928 wrote:

Cheers. :) + 1
Oh, got you! It's reassuring that you have others who can make use of it and still gain some profit. I suppose it's better than nothing. Sorry to hear about your account. Being relatively new to this scene, I value other peoples experiences, as it was a shock to myself when I woke up. Wishing you all the best overseas!
rain91

my account will be suspended by betfair within 14 days (it's still live, but I can't bet), for business reasons, and I don't get an explanation as to why. I have been running bots for years in 0-24 that are profitable every month. What can I do? I get no response from betfair. Is it possible to open a new account with the same name? Maybe with a different address, because it might change soon.
hecojef928

rain91 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:55 pm
my account will be suspended by betfair within 14 days (it's still live, but I can't bet), for business reasons, and I don't get an explanation as to why. I have been running bots for years in 0-24 that are profitable every month. What can I do? I get no response from betfair. Is it possible to open a new account with the same name? Maybe with a different address, because it might change soon.
Based on the experiences shared by others, it's common for suspensions to be triggered by actions such as updating contact details, adding a new address, or logging in from a shared connection, particularly if it's through a VPN. Moreover, factors like overall risk, unusual staking, and activities resembling gambling can also play a role in these suspensions.

If you were to create another account, there's a high likelihood that it would be traced back to you through various identifiers. This could prompt verification or even result in the suspension of your newly created account. Have you spoken to Live Chat yet? If so, what was their response?
whitechq

rain91 wrote:
Where are you from rain91? I'm from Hungary and my account will be closed too. I'm also running bots for 10 years and didn't have any problem until tuesday.
hecojef928

whitechq wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:48 pm
rain91 wrote:
Where are you from rain91? I'm from Hungary and my account will be closed too. I'm also running bots for 10 years and didn't have any problem until tuesday.
What exactly did they say? Were they simply informing you that your account is being closed?
whitechq

What exactly did they say? Were they simply informing you that your account is being closed?
Yes, they sent an email that my account is closed by 14 days without explanation. Then the next day
my account is suspended and I needed to upload my documents. I uploaded the documents and then
got another email from them:

Thank you for submitting documents, it seems we require some further information from you. Please contact our live messenger service here.

I contacted them via the live chat, but he didn't see that I need to upload my documents. He wrote I'll get
an email from them but I didn't get anything from them since then. I contacted them again few hours ago
but i got the usual we'll write you an email response.

Return to “Betfair exchange”