The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

If Tory MPs still wish to speak positively about their election chances they should appear at a stand-up show rather than a political discussion. :lol: :lol:
Derek27

If you fancy a curry but couldn't be arsed to spend an hour plus in the kitchen, try what I'm having tonight. Looks like it will take as long as it takes to boil the rice, and so little ingredients I didn't even need to go out and buy anything. :D

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/prawn-curry-hurry
Derek27

conduirez wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:17 pm
This is one reason it is hard to learn Mathematics, there is lots of writing on the right side of the screen in this clip, but for some reason I cannot take my eyes off of the left side of the screen.

What do you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6hSY2Pcch0

:D
As I'm pissed and finished trading ages ago, I thought I'd have a look at some of her other videos.

That's probably why she's got 672K subscribers. I wonder how many of them are interested in maths. :lol: :lol:
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:06 am
conduirez wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:17 pm
This is one reason it is hard to learn Mathematics, there is lots of writing on the right side of the screen in this clip, but for some reason I cannot take my eyes off of the left side of the screen.

What do you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6hSY2Pcch0

:D
As I'm pissed and finished trading ages ago, I thought I'd have a look at some of her other videos.

That's probably why she's got 672K subscribers. I wonder how many of them are interested in maths. :lol: :lol:
I have some quick maffs if you like that sorta thing, riddle me this without browsing for the solution:

1 ? 1 = 3

If you don't ______ a ______ .

(Hint : The question mark represents the mathematical operation that needs to be performed between 1 and 1 to make the equation true)
Derek27

It's that time of year when all four seasons are rolled into one day. :)

I've always associated the phenomenon with the Craven meeting. The only time I attended Newmarket, for the Nell Gwynn Stakes, it was sunny all afternoon followed by torrential rain at the close of play, as we walked the two and a quarter mile course. :lol:
conduirez

I wonder why this reminded me of some of the political debates on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg1wHXGwG60
SpikeyBob

Seen on twitter/X today:

greenmark

There's a thought. The perfect bacon butty! Apologies to vegetarians, vegans, people of a religion that excludes bacon.

For me. I like my bacon soft, with the fat yielding and not crisp. Could be in a couple of slices of freshly baked bread or a supermarket bap.

Mayo rather than butter. Beyond that, prob gem or romaine lettuce, sliced toms, cucumber? Might get away with a bit of capsicum.

I'm hungry now. :-)
conduirez

greenmark wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 pm
There's a thought. The perfect bacon butty! Apologies to vegetarians, vegans, people of a religion that excludes bacon.

For me. I like my bacon soft, with the fat yielding and not crisp. Could be in a couple of slices of freshly baked bread or a supermarket bap.

Mayo rather than butter. Beyond that, prob gem or romaine lettuce, sliced toms, cucumber? Might get away with a bit of capsicum.

This is true, when I was younger we went around to a mates place to watch football, it was my job to stick the lager in the fridge.

Anyway I am squashing it in, and there is a cereal bowl in there with white stuff in and it flips over and spills some white sauce, over the back. Oh shit, so I get some kitchen towel and clean up the mess and lo and behold at the back there was two packets of bacon I had to wipe some of the sauce off.

Did I tell you my mate was a practicing Jew and so was his family.

After that I realised bacon does not count in any religion, it is a force of the universe it is not pork but a divine gift. Bacon I would go on to say has converted so many Vegetarians and Vegans back to eating meat, it is a force of nature, just the smell alone. 8-) 8-) 8-)
greenmark

conduirez wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:02 pm
greenmark wrote:

This is true, when I was younger we went around to a mates place to watch football, it was my job to stick the lager in the fridge.

Anyway I am squashing it in, and there is a cereal bowl in there with white stuff in and it flips over and spills some white sauce, over the back. Oh shit, so I get some kitchen towel and clean up the mess and lo and behold at the back there was two packets of bacon I had to wipe some of the sauce off.

After that I realised bacon does not count in any religion, it is a force of the universe it is not pork but a divine gift. Bacon I would go on to say has converted so many Vegetarians and Vegans back to eating meat, it is a force of nature, just the smell alone. 8-) 8-) 8-)
I don't have 'em a lot. My favourite time is returning from a long walk. The cooking time/taste reward ratio is ideal. Just enough time to get a cup of tea bewed too. "Divine gift" sums it up. :-)
Derek27

MET police publish an apology to the guy they called "openly Jewish", only to remove it when they realised the apology was also offensive. :lol: :lol:
conduirez

greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 am
conduirez wrote:
greenmark wrote:

I don't have 'em a lot. My favourite time is returning from a long walk. The cooking time/taste reward ratio is ideal. Just enough time to get a cup of tea bewed too. "Divine gift" sums it up. :-)
Just had a nice bacon sandwich, with a thin smear of ketchup and a cup of coffee. Heaven. :D
greenmark

conduirez wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:33 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 am
conduirez wrote:

Just had a nice bacon sandwich, with a thin smear of ketchup and a cup of coffee. Heaven. :D
Ah there's a dilemma, ketchup or brown sauce. I really can't decide.
I've got some bacon slices frozen. They've been in there too long and I think they may need to be defrosted overnight and consumed. Feeble justification for indulgence, but I'm just trying to do my bit to cut down on waste. :-). Coventry vs United half-time indulgent snack looks a good moment.
Kai

conduirez wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:30 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:05 pm

She's clearly in denial, narcissistic and mentally unstable. She's not capable of understanding she's done anything wrong, never mind take responsibility for it.

And Tory party members chose her. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"She's clearly in denial, narcissistic and mentally unstable. She's not capable of understanding she's done anything wrong, never mind take responsibility for it."

I thought you were discussing Liz Truss, not my girlfriend, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Firlandsfarm's trademark triple smiley seems to have really taken the internet by storm :shock: :shock: :shock:
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:05 pm
If you fancy a curry but couldn't be arsed to spend an hour plus in the kitchen, try what I'm having tonight. Looks like it will take as long as it takes to boil the rice, and so little ingredients I didn't even need to go out and buy anything. :D

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/prawn-curry-hurry
bit late on this, but thought you might like to try this one also (just happened to do this one a few months back, but your post reminded me of it)

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/one ... ntil-curry

takes a bit longer than your quick recipe, but is definitely worth the extra time.

Return to “Chill Out Area”