The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

Sunak's bet £1000 with Piers Morgan over flights going to Rwanda ... he didn't even ask for odds. :lol:

That said, it's just as well he doesn't have a betting brain or he'd have to humiliate himself by asking for odds of 66/1. :lol: :lol:

He's now under fire for gambling without thinking and betting in poor taste. If he loses he should be restricted and undergo affordability checks. :)
Derek27

Not a good day at the office today. But it's amazing how music and a few beers can raise your spirits again. :D
greenmark

I love Utd's Stone Roses kit. What a great album that was.
Derek27

Starmer is an absolute tit! He's gonna win the next election, he can afford to throw away one by-election and withdraw support for comments of this anti-Semitic idiot and keep his promise of zero tolerance.
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:23 pm
Starmer is an absolute tit! He's gonna win the next election, he can afford to throw away one by-election and withdraw support for comments of this anti-Semitic idiot and keep his promise of zero tolerance.
It might not be too late for Labour to change their candidate ... if Azhar Ali dies before the by-election. :mrgreen:
Derek27

Dreadful news hearing Kelvin Kiptum died in a car accident alongside his coach. He was only 24, we'll never know what he would have achieved in his lifetime. :(
Derek27

Azhar Ali admits his comments were a result of falling for a conspiracy theory, and Labour still support him.

I'd suggest Alexmr2 stands against him. :lol:
greenmark

There's a bird tat's turned up here.
It starts wittering before dawn and is now wittering again.
It isn't a blackburd, robin, starliing, blue tit, chaffinch. But it is incessant. I'm thinking of buying a gun.
If you're going to be relentless you could at least be tuneful rather than monotonous.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:45 pm
It isn't a blackburd, robin, starliing, blue tit, chaffinch. But it is incessant. I'm thinking of buying a gun.
If you're going to be relentless you could at least be tuneful rather than monotonous.
Be careful before you shoot and/or kill it. All birds, eggs and nests are protected in England and Wales. However, obviously there are exceptions. You don’t need a license but there are rules depending on the type of bird it is. Now most probably won’t care but if someone reports you and you didn’t follow the rules then you can end up being prosecuted.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:14 pm
greenmark wrote:
Be careful before you shoot and/or kill it. All birds, eggs and nests are protected in England and Wales. However, obviously there are exceptions. You don’t need a license but there are rules depending on the type of bird it is. Now most probably won’t care but if someone reports you and you didn’t follow the rules then you can end up being prosecuted.
Rest assured I would not shoot a bird or any other animal unless my life or the lives of the people I love depended on it.
But still it's really annoying, mainly because I don't know what it is. Chaffinches drove me nuts till I saw one
outside my kiitchen door chirping away and I thought "Okay, sing your song".
Derek27

Get a cat!

I'd love to have bird feed in my garden and encourage wildlife but it wouldn't be fair when I've got a cat.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:53 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Rest assured I would not shoot a bird or any other animal unless my life or the lives of the people I love depended on it.
But still it's really annoying, mainly because I don't know what it is. Chaffinches drove me nuts till I saw one
There is the possibility it’s unwell or has a disease. As to what it is then take a photo and post it on here, I’m sure someone will know what it is etc.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:49 pm
greenmark wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:

There is the possibility it’s unwell or has a disease. As to what it is then take a photo and post it on here, I’m sure someone will know what it is etc.
Hadn't thought of the unwell possibility. I've tried to spot it, but failed. I can't describe it's call. It's very repetetive, like a stunted blackbird or starling but has really imitative elements like a phones ringtone. And no it isn't a neighbour's phone, But it's driving me nuts.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:05 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:49 pm
greenmark wrote:

Hadn't thought of the unwell possibility. I've tried to spot it, but failed. I can't describe it's call. It's very repetetive, like a stunted blackbird or starling but has really imitative elements like a phones ringtone. And no it isn't a neighbour's phone, But it's driving me nuts.
Does it sound like a clicking ?
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:23 pm
Labour finally withdraw their support for Ali. What a pratt Starmer is. He could have done it immediately, but he dithers and will now be accused of doing a U-turn. :roll:

Return to “Chill Out Area”