Betfair Account Closed

A place to discuss anything.
Diacritical Quark

I've been with Betfair for over 10 years, I'm based in the UK, have only ever deposited with my debit card linked to my current account. I'm fairly low level betting on the exchange really. I went to log in earlier and my account has been closed! No warning, no email just closed. No one at customer services can help me, I can't log in to withdraw my money, I mean what the actual f@~k
jamesedwards

Lots of this recently. In many cases the account is suspended pending verification rather than really closed. Check your emails and you spam for mail from them in the last few weeks asking for documents. @betfairCS on twitter is hands down the only decent communication route left. Strongly recommend you DM them in the morning.

Good luck.
Diacritical Quark

Thanks James, just been on with the live chat, as you said, they closed it in error apparently and as soon as I sent them my drivers licence and a council tax bill they reopened it immediately. Boy was I panicking there for a minute.
Derek27

What idiots!! They're as bad as the suspend monkey!
xtrader16

You wonder what goes on behind the scenes at Betfair and who is running it.

All this 'can you afford to lose money' is none of the Governments business. This Governemnt and other 'Industries' are getting far to involved in the freedoms of peoples lives. They need to stay the FK out off my business.
Anbell

Account management in AU seems to be much better, for whatever reason.

I have about 5 levels of access to real people before any of this would happen.
Euler

I'd agree.
Trader Pat

Have Betfair changed their verification processes over the years?

It seems now you can open an account without verifying it which then seems to cause problems down the line. When I joined back in the day I had to provide all that documentation before they would open the account, I even needed a reference from an upstanding member of society. I think I had to invent a priest!
Euler

You need to upload documents fairly early on, I don't think much has changed. If you don't verify you can't do anything useful.
LeTiss

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:40 pm

It seems now you can open an account without verifying it which then seems to cause problems down the line. When I joined back in the day I had to provide all that documentation before they would open the account, I even needed a reference from an upstanding member of society. I think I had to invent a priest!
When did you join Betfair?

I joined 2003/04 and I don't remember anything as stringent as that
Trader Pat

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:12 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

When did you join Betfair?

I joined 2003/04 and I don't remember anything as stringent as that
2007, unless it was just an Irish thing! Be interested to hear if anyone else had to supply the same.
Black Ladder

I have been with Betfair almost nine years, never had to produce verification, although I have seen them carrying-out soft searches on my credit file. Theirs a lot of information about this organisation in the public domain, some items extremely shocking, extremely shocking.
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
,I even needed a reference from an upstanding member of society. I think I had to invent a priest!
No suprise that an upstanding priest would have to be a figment of your imagination, the rest are just professional fantasists.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:34 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
,I even needed a reference from an upstanding member of society. I think I had to invent a priest!
No suprise that an upstanding priest would have to be a figment of your imagination, the rest are just professional fantasists.

Some do it better than others though :D
Emmson

I joined Betfair in 2008 and I had only had a bank for 1 month prior to that, I never was asked to submit anything. I would not have a credit rating either then as I have never had a credit card or took out a loan which is still the case. :D

Return to “General discussion”