Where are all the jokes?

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:30 pm
A man dies and goes to heaven. At the entrance, St. Peter shows him a map of heaven. He sees an area where the Jews live, next door to the Muslims, with whom they live peacefully as neighbours. Then he sees an area for the Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Anglicans, Baptists, Protestants, just about every religion you can think off.

Then he notices the Catholics are segregated on an island far away from the heaven mainland. He asks St. Peter, "Why are the Catholics separated and so far away?".

St. Peter replies, "They like to think they're the only ones here." :)
That's one of Dave Allen's jokes. A catholic that claimed to be an atheist which is funny (for me).

"We spend our lives on the run: we get up by the clock, eat and sleep by the clock, get up again, go to work - and then we retire. And what do they give us? A flipping clock."

"I still think of myself as I was 25 years ago. Then I look in a mirror and see an old bastard - and I realise it's me."

"A good storyteller never lets the facts get in the way."

On the Irish Troubles: "Which is the fastest game in the world? Well, it's played in Belfast pubs, and it's called pass the parcel."

On having half a finger missing: "Am I the Irish comedian with half a finger? No, I'm the Irish comedian with nine and a half fingers."

On what he wanted inscribed on his gravestone: "Don't mourn for me now; don't mourn for me never - I'm going to do nothing, for ever and ever."

"I'm an atheist ... thank God."

"If it's sent by ship then it's a cargo, but if it's sent by road, then it's a shipment."

A man goes to heaven, and St Peter shows him around. They go past one room, and the man asks: "Who are all those people in there?" "They are the Methodists," says St Peter. They pass another room, and the man asks the same question. "They are the Anglicans," says St Peter. As they're approaching the next room, St Peter says: "Take your shoes off and tiptoe by as quietly as you can." "Why, who's in there?" asks the man. "The Catholics," says St Peter, "and they think that they're the only ones up here."

and his signature closing comment:
"Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you."

I agree if you have a God then it's good to wish that person is accompanied by their God (Gods are omnipresent and ominpotent so they can do this stuff).
Kai

Some of these jokes require more setup than your perfect trade, whatever happened to one-liners ffs
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:22 pm
A catholic that claimed to be an atheist which is funny (for me).
If god doesn't have a higher god to worship, then god must be an atheist himself (or herself/itself). :mrgreen:
conduirez

All the middle aged men on this site believe they have the body of a god. I have to say it's true they do have the body of a god. The only trouble for them is the god is,

Buddha

:lol: :lol: :lol:
buddha.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:22 pm
A catholic that claimed to be an atheist which is funny (for me).
If god doesn't have a higher god to worship, then god must be an atheist himself (or herself/itself). :mrgreen:
I possibly have to do more theological ferreting. Or perhaps lets stop deifying and get on with life.
Ironic that Islam distains idolatry. But tweak at Muhammad and you get your head chopped off. In the 21st century too.
Derek27

Politicians. Don't try publicity stunts involving children, animals or bacon sandwiches. :lol:
Derek27

Don't see why the menopause shouldn't be classified as a disability. I used to have a girlfriend who thought being a woman was a disability. Apparently, it takes them three hours to get dressed so I'd have to go down the shops. :lol:
Trader724

FB_IMG_1708687636993.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I've just downloaded the ASDA rewards app. Apparently, a shopping trip is now a "mission" and I've been assigned five missions to complete in 9 days. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

I successfully completed my first mission. You could have made a film out of it. :lol:
Kai

Pretty funny actually they would use a positive reinforcement strategy like that for customer retention

You see this often in mobile games and live service ones where player retention means everything to devs, it's def a profitable strat
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:49 pm
Pretty funny actually they would use a positive reinforcement strategy like that for customer retention

You see this often in mobile games and live service ones where player retention means everything to devs, it's def a profitable strat
I don't have a car, and even if I did I probably couldn't be arsed to drive to a distant supermarket when there's one just up the road, so they don't need to retain me - I'm stuck with them. :)
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:49 pm

Is that a joke?
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:08 pm
Is that a joke?
Nope

My apologies for not adhering to thread rules
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:17 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:08 pm
Is that a joke?
Nope

My apologies for not adhering to thread rules
It's not RULES. It's that there are plenty of other threads to vent your spleen. I wish I could drop a joke in here, but I can't, because I'm rubbish at that, but I like the Op's initial idea. It's gone a bit wonky over time.
Give me more jokes! We need them now more than ever.

Return to “Chill Out Area”