Next Prime Minister / Tory Party Leader

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
greenmark

So Truss's "tax cuts" have morphed into no new taxes. That's pretty flipping disingenuous.
What is the difference between Truss and Sunak? Now that that votes have been cast. What a total ****. God help us all, she's a nutcase!
Derek27

If you forget about the politics and just look at performances, how Truss is ahead of Sunak beats the hell out of me.

When you include the politics it beats me up even further!
Derek27

The chancellor, can't remember his name but it doesn't matter because he'll be out of a job in a few days, says nobody should be cut off because they can't pay their energy bills!

I don't know why he didn't just remain on holiday until a new PM is elected. I could have been interviewed by Kay Burley and given my views, it would have been just as useful!
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:07 am
The chancellor, can't remember his name but it doesn't matter because he'll be out of a job in a few days, says nobody should be cut off because they can't pay their energy bills!

I don't know why he didn't just remain on holiday until a new PM is elected. I could have been interviewed by Kay Burley and given my views, it would have been just as useful!
It was agreed by Sir Graham Brady that the current government would basically do nothing until the Leadership contest was finished.

It’s just a holding position. Basically there has to be a government even though they won’t be doing anything.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:

It was agreed by Sir Graham Brady that the current government would basically do nothing until the Leadership contest was finished.

It’s just a holding position. Basically there has to be a government even though they won’t be doing anything.
It puzzles me why the Tories think dumping BJ 'cos he was becoming an electoral liablity think Truss is any better.
I really do think they've been in power too long and have lost their grip on reality.
So, on to Starmer et al. Oh!! Bugger!!
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:49 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

It puzzles me why the Tories think dumping BJ 'cos he was becoming an electoral liablity think Truss is any better.
I really do think they've been in power too long and have lost their grip on reality.
Some think there is a hidden agenda going on.

Truss will fail, the Tory MP's will realise (Not Derek :) that Boris wasn't that bad and he will challenge her in 12 months time for the leadership. The Tory membership are pro Boris and are anti all MP's who caused him to go. I am not saying they are right or wrong.

Afterall, its politics, so anything could happen.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:24 pm
greenmark wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:

Truss will fail, the Tory MP's will realise (Not Derek :) that Boris wasn't that bad and he will challenge her in 12 months time for the leadership. The Tory membership are pro Boris and are anti all MP's who caused him to go. I am not saying they are right or wrong.

You have inside knowledge of the Tory member mentality. But my view is BJ is toast politically. The 1922 committee don't go back on a decision. And I think they would look really stupid to reinstate someone they booted out.
Not that I care what the current Tory party puts forward. It's all crap!

Edit: OK just realised that Churchill was in the political wilderness and rose to greatness. But nontheless, BJ IS NOT Churchill.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:01 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:24 pm
greenmark wrote:

You have inside knowledge of the Tory member mentality. But my view is BJ is toast politically. The 1922 committee don't go back on a decision. And I think they would look really stupid to reinstate someone they booted out.
Not that I care what the current Tory party puts forward. It's all crap!
Well, we stuck with them for the next 2 years. They also planning more boundary changes which like before makes it harder for any opposition to win a general election.
Derek27

All we need now is for Johnson to start his own "Boris" party, split the Tory vote. :D

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:51 pm
All we need now is for Johnson to start his own "Boris" party, split the Tory vote. :D

Capture.GIF
What a horrible concept. The BJ Party or The Starmer Party, The Wine Party or the Beer and Pizza Party.
Actually might vote for the last two. Yes, my political allegiance can be bought with alcohol and fast food.
Only joking. I see no political giants in UK politics.
It's a wasteland of privilege and cynicism.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:14 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Capture.GIF
What a horrible concept. The BJ Party or The Starmer Party, The Wine Party or the Beer and Pizza Party.
Actually might vote for the last two. Yes, my political allegiance can be bought with alcohol and fast food.
Why do people keep saying beer and pizza? It was beer and curry!

What I love about the whole saga is that wine & cheese/beer & curry epitomise the class difference between the two parties. I get pissed off when I visit a certain relative, plenty of bottles of wine on the dining room table and around the kitchen, but I have to venture into the garage to get a beer out of the fridge - they don't even keep it in the kitchen fridge!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:02 am
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Capture.GIF

What I love about the whole saga is that wine & cheese/beer & curry epitomise the class difference between the two parties. I get pissed off when I visit a certain relative, plenty of bottles of wine on the dining room table and around the kitchen, but I have to venture into the garage to get a beer out of the fridge - they don't even keep it in the kitchen fridge!
Disown 'em. No beer in the fridge is a cardinal sin when expecting visitors. Although any thoughts on which beer should be in there would be very welcome. Gone off PUNK IPA and would like a short cut to something worth attention.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:13 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:02 am
greenmark wrote:

Disown 'em. No beer in the fridge is a cardinal sin when expecting visitors. Although any thoughts on which beer should be in there would be very welcome. Gone off PUNK IPA and would like a short cut to something worth attention.
My neighbour invited me to a Coronation (excuse for a) party and I took my own beer with me. It was either Carlsburg Export or Heineken. She had loads of cans of Carling but almost everybody was drinking my beer, until it ran out. I explained to her you need to have a selection of beers, or at least some 4% and 5% beers. :)
Archery1969

Leadership contest in December with view to bringing back Boris.

But don’t tell Derek, he will spill his pint. 🍺
greenmark

Just watched Kuensberg interviews with Truss/Sunak. We're in even bigger trouble now. Truss's anouncement within a week to "plan to deal with soaring energy costs" should be very interesting.
Never trust a politician that stumbles and stutters and has to wave their hands about to make a point.
It's about what you say, not your body language, you halfwit!

Return to “Political betting & arguing”