Number of matched back bets vs Number of matched lay bets

Help improve Bet Angel.
Panto Prince

Would it be possible to get the system to distinguish between the two?

i.e. have two new conditions:

Number of Matched Back Bets condition
Number of Matched Lay Bets condition

I want it to put a single back bet in once a certain number of lays has been reached, which sounds straightforward, but is proving remarkably difficult to get right as it will sometimes skip over the rule with an extra lay, even though I have got all sorts of criteria in place that should stop that happening.

The only way to sort of do this at the moment is using the matched bets amount condition, but this is fiddly and doesn't really work for what I am trying to do.
Michael5482

Panto Prince wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:57 am
Would it be possible to get the system to distinguish between the two?

i.e. have two new conditions:

Number of Matched Back Bets condition
Number of Matched Lay Bets condition

I want it to put a single back bet in once a certain number of lays has been reached, which sounds straightforward, but is proving remarkably difficult to get right as it will sometimes skip over the rule with an extra lay, even though I have got all sorts of criteria in place that should stop that happening.

The only way to sort of do this at the moment is using the matched bets amount condition, but this is fiddly and doesn't really work for what I am trying to do.
Could you not use the increment signal condition on the back bets, store it as a value then use the value as a condition within the lay bet?

In theory every time a back bet is placed the signal increments by 1 and is stored as a value. Place the value as a condition within the lay bet. So if the signal/stored value is =>5 it'll no longer pace lay bets.

Maybe an easier way but that's just a thought straight of the bat. Create a new rules file independent of your strategy to test the feature then add it in to your strategy once your happy would be my advice.
decomez6

Panto Prince wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:57 am

Total matched volume amount is made of backbets and laybets in equal amounts.
divide it by 2 and you have the lay bets amount.
OR use stored values , where you store the back bets or lay bets separately and use the latter as condition to run a rule that checks your required trigger point.
what price are you using to check on the matched bets ? LTP , Best lay ,Best back ?
check on your refresh rate. Prices move very fast at the touch price and you should slow down your rules enough to stop any unwanted bets passing through.
Panto Prince

Thanks guys, I will look into those.

Still think it's a condition worth adding.

Return to “Suggestions”