Urgent help needed

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Bobajob wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:30 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:05 pm
If you know somebody in Australia, most people do, ask them to open an account for you. As the account wasn't opened in the UK it doesn't come under these new UK rules. They won't even assess you.
On that basis could I move to say Portugal and rent a villa there for 6 months and use that address to create another account keeping my name but using a different email address ;)
Utility bills and bank statements are the proof of address, obtaining those as a non-resident isn't easy.
Bobajob

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:10 pm
Bobajob wrote:
xtrader16 wrote:
If you know somebody in Australia, most people do, ask them to open an account for you. As the account wasn't opened in the UK it doesn't come under these new UK rules. They won't even assess you.
On that basis could I move to say Portugal and rent a villa there for 6 months and use that address to create another account keeping my name but using a different email address ;)
Utility bills and bank statements are the proof of address, obtaining those as a non-resident isn't easy.
I suppose the only way to find out is to do it - always fancied being a 'Digital Nomad' :)
Sonny

Bobajob wrote:
xtrader16 wrote:
Haven't followed the development in Portugal in recent times - but didn't they shut the exchange there a while ago?
Has that opened up again? 🤔
Crazyskier

Bobajob wrote:
xtrader16 wrote:
Actually, UK citizens are only allowed 90 days in any 180 in the Schengen zone, so you couldn't even do more than 3 months now.

CS
Bobajob

Sonny wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:45 pm
Bobajob wrote:
xtrader16 wrote:
Haven't followed the development in Portugal in recent times - but didn't they shut the exchange there a while ago?
Has that opened up again? 🤔
I've just googled ''Betfair' countries. There are 24 allowed countries and you are right 'Portugal' is excluded.
But any of those countries would do as long as you can get a visa ( eg Digital ) to stay there and you are able to open a Betfair account. Would be worth it to avoid 'affordability' checks which seems to be driving everybody mad. Lot's of people do it to avoid paying UK tax e.g moving to Dubai. (not yet on the Betfair list ) but they are looking at relaxing gambling laws in Dubai so who knows ;)

Return to “General discussion”