Real beginner question with Excell

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
goldfinch77

Hi,
I have been on here for aprrox 26 months. but still finding things hard sometimes.

I have read through the Manual, the forum, You tube but I still cant find the place to start.
I am familiar with Excel, I am not eith VBA.I do know how to acees the single worksheet.

To get me started, as a base to learn more from I would like to be able to try this.

Pick 4 horse races, take thier backprice to Sht 2, muliply by 2 and feed it back to Sht 1 as the stake. ( this is just so i can learn how it works)
Then at 3 mins before start place the bet. once it has been placed move to the next race and do the same thing.
If someone could explain how it moves from one race to the the other, either in written words or a video, I would be eternally grateful.
goldfinch77

I should just add I want to do this though Gaurdian so I dont have to stay at my PC.
Derek27

goldfinch77 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Hi,
I have been on here for aprrox 26 months. but still finding things hard sometimes.

I have read through the Manual, the forum, You tube but I still cant find the place to start.
I am familiar with Excel, I am not eith VBA.I do know how to acees the single worksheet.

To get me started, as a base to learn more from I would like to be able to try this.

Pick 4 horse races, take thier backprice to Sht 2, muliply by 2 and feed it back to Sht 1 as the stake. ( this is just so i can learn how it works)
Then at 3 mins before start place the bet. once it has been placed move to the next race and do the same thing.
If someone could explain how it moves from one race to the the other, either in written words or a video, I would be eternally grateful.
That seems fairly straightforward. You don't need to use another sheet. You can just have a formula in the stake cell: =<back price cell>*2

If you want the formula in another sheet, assuming the BA sheet is called BetAngel1, place the formula =BetAngel1!<back price cell>*2 in a cell in the other sheet, and place a formula in the stake column pointing to the corresponding cell that calculates the stake.

You would need to have a trigger condition to place your BACK or LAY command in the command cell.

To get Guardian to cycle through the markets you can use the automatically bind markets and auto-clear market checkboxes on the Excel tab on Guardian.
goldfinch77

OK thanks for that I will play with it and re-read the manual, I have found most of the learning on here is by trial and error.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”