Israel/Palestine conflict

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:39 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:05 am
Archangel wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:54 pm
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said Israel will not be deterred by the International Court of Justice from pursuing its Gaza war until total victory, after South Africa lodged a case accusing it of genocide against the Palestinians.

"No one will stop us - not The Hague, not the Axis of Evil and no one else. It is possible and necessary to continue until victory and we will do it," Mr Netanyahu told a televised press conference as the war in Gaza moves into its 100th day on Sunday.
:shock:
Somewhat ironic that the Israelis should be saying that genocide should be brushed aside!
Actually, if you watched and listened at all to their defence lawyer, you would know that Israel refute utterly all and any accusations of 'genocide'. They are simply being thorough in removing Hamas after the atrocities they caused.

The tragic deaths of innocent civilians have always been a regrettable part of any war. The difference here is that Hamas deliberately tunnelled under hospitals and placed themselves amidst the civilians to cause maximum casualties.

CS
Can anyone here justify the actions of Hamas?
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:51 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:30 pm
As a former soldier I have no problem with adults killing each other if they feel justified.

I draw the line at children being killed on either side.

As for Israel, you cannot blanket bomb, tell people to move and then blanket bomb where you told them to goto. All they are doing is sowing the seeds for more trouble down the line.

And god forbid Turkey gets involved, that would throw a right problem in the conflict being close to US, UK and NATO.
So are you saying Israel should re-enter the cycle of holding Hamas at arms length while Hamas plot their next attack?
I'm not trying to wind you up here, simply trying to see how Israel can do anything different. If they don't destroy the infrastructure that Hamas has created, Hamas will attack Israel again. No? For me it's agressive non-secular Islam that is the problem.
Israel, historically, has allot to answer for. They do not have right to kill children, which they are doing, on mass.

I, personally condem both sides.

But children can’t defend themselves. Any country that kills them, in my book is scum and people around the world should take vengeance.
Crazyskier

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:45 pm
greenmark wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:30 pm
As a former soldier I have no problem with adults killing each other if they feel justified.

I draw the line at children being killed on either side.

As for Israel, you cannot blanket bomb, tell people to move and then blanket bomb where you told them to goto. All they are doing is sowing the seeds for more trouble down the line.

And god forbid Turkey gets involved, that would throw a right problem in the conflict being close to US, UK and NATO.
So are you saying Israel should re-enter the cycle of holding Hamas at arms length while Hamas plot their next attack?
I'm not trying to wind you up here, simply trying to see how Israel can do anything different. If they don't destroy the infrastructure that Hamas has created, Hamas will attack Israel again. No? For me it's agressive non-secular Islam that is the problem.
Israel, historically, has allot to answer for. They do not have right to kill children, which they are doing, on mass.

But children can’t defend themselves. Any country that kills them, in my book is scum and people around the world should take vengeance.
No one hereabouts condemns the killing of innocents, of any age.

However, Archery, what should Israel do when Hamas insist on surrounding themselves in those very innocents? Should they just tolerate these Hamas atrocoties and do nothing because they are surrounded by innocent children?

It's a complex situation to say the least.

CS
greenmark

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:04 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:45 pm
greenmark wrote:

No one hereabouts condemns the killing of innocents, of any age.

However, Archery, what should Israel do when Hamas insist on surrounding themselves in those very innocents? Should they just tolerate these Hamas atrocoties and do nothing because they are surrounded by innocent children?

It's a complex situation to say the least.

CS
I agree. What is Israel supposed to do in the face of outright and rutlhless/suicidal deployment of a warped idealogy? Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Muslims. But I do have an issue with cults that feel that it's ok to espouse wiping out another religious/racial/cultural group. I wouldn't have suggested Hamas should be contained or wiped out, except for the fact they murdered 1300 in cold blood. That changes everything.
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:13 pm
Can anyone here justify the actions of Hamas?
It's not about justifying the actions of Hamas, which are unjustifiable ... as is the killing of some 23,000 innocent civilians. Hamas was wrong to kill 1,300 Israelis so where does that leave Israel in killing 23,000?
Archery1969

So, you flipping lot are supporting Israel in murdering children .

This forum has become a joke.

Happy to pass the contents of certain threads over to the authorities and those making gambling laws as I am sure they will put certain things together and come up with 10.

What a flipping shit show you all are.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:31 pm

Happy to pass the contents of certain threads over to the authorities and those making gambling laws as I am sure they will put certain things together and come up with 10.

Hamas have said they will kill again and again. They couldn't care less about the children they are hiding behind. Someone needs to show leadership. Thus far Hamas, Netanyahu et al have conspired to murder 25000 people. Good job, so-called leaders!!
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:

They haven't murdered children, murder is deliberate killing. Hamas are the child murders. British forces have killed children in Iraq and Afghanistan.
firlandsfarm

Archery1969 wrote:

Don't know who you are referring to as "you flipping lot" ... my view was to denounce both!
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:

If you agree Hamas should be neutralised.
How do you do that? Innocents will die. As did many innocents when Hamas attacked Israel.
Chucking numbers around about 1300 vs 23000 misses the point completely.
I don't see what other option Israel has.
The time for cuddly friendship has been obliterated by Hamas.
Kai

What a lovely topic to regurgitate again!

As they say, war does not determine who is right - only who is left.

If it helps can always blame a third party : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-gIcpOeis0k
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:09 pm
What a lovely topic to regurgitate again!

As they say, war does not determine who is right - only who is left.

If it helps can always blame a third party : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-gIcpOeis0k
Another view is Israel has built walls to protect themselves against Islamic nutters. Those walls failed - so Israel has done the logical thing. Use military superiority to destroy an existential threat. It's obvious. What is incredibly difficult is a peaceful solution.
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:31 pm
Israel has built walls to protect themselves against Islamic nutters. Those walls failed - so Israel has done the logical thing.
And therein lies the problem, they should all be tearing down walls instead of building more of them : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_ztR3dvUTms

Of course their little walls and fences failed to protect them, how can walls work against anything other than animals in a zoo.
Archangel

It all just goes to prove that there is no absolute right and wrong in the world, just a matter of opinion ;)
Kai

Yes, perhaps too philosophical a take but I always liked what Shakespeare said about it : "There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."

I think ultimately we're all more or less the same person, that is capable of both under the right circumstances, depending how our surroundings mold our thoughts.

This by no means justifies any of it, because we cannot possibly justify it. Best we can do is accept the reality of the situation. That human nature is crueler than mother nature.

The sad reality is that people, including children, have always been dying as collateral casualties and we're just starting to notice it more. The superpower that is USA tries their hardest around the globe to keep their own children safe back home, but has 300+ school shootings in recent years, which is about 300 more than the next one on the list.

Return to “Chill Out Area”