Problems with my automation I need help

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
RMSSC

Good guys, I need your help, I'm literally in my hair from thinking about something that isn't right. I've attached an automation which is intended to do the following:

1º Make a lay on a horse with an odd >6 and <10 in pre-race (Works perfectly)

2º Reaching the goal, which in this case is that the horse loses, I get the return of the stake (works perfectly);

3º After reaching the 2nd goal, I trigger a trigger at, for example, 5% above the Lay reached at the 2nd point with 1 or 2 ticks in succession, taking the profit if the goal is reached (my problem is here).

I'm not getting the automation to do what you say in point 3, I'm certainly making a mistake or mistakes due to my lack of experience, so I'd ask someone with more knowledge than me to correct me on what I'm doing wrong.

I await your reply,
Rui
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Was that the right file you uploaded?
It only contains one lay rule pre-off, there's nothing to place another bet after its greened up
RMSSC

Dallas wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:21 am
It only contains one lay rule pre-off, there's nothing to place another bet after its greened up
Hello Dallas, thank you in advance for your quick reply.
The original file wasn't the one I sent you at first, but from the reply you gave me I'm sure I'm doing everything wrong, my head is boiling from thinking so much and my reasoning and inexperience aren't helping :oops: .
I know that the purpose is to learn, but there is nothing better than an excellent teacher to correct us so that we can then compare what we have actually done wrong and thus not make the same mistakes again and again, so I follow the examples of your automations religiously and try to complement them with others, I'm failing and I don't know where, so I'm not getting to where you say "there's nothing to place another bet after its greened up".
I'm sorry, I don't want to abuse your kindness :cry: .
I await your reply in the interest of my sanity,
Rui
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

RMSSC wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:05 pm
Dallas wrote:
Hello Dallas, thank you in advance for your quick reply.
The original file wasn't the one I sent you at first, but from the reply you gave me I'm sure I'm doing everything wrong, my head is boiling from thinking so much and my reasoning and inexperience aren't helping :oops: .
I know that the purpose is to learn, but there is nothing better than an excellent teacher to correct us so that we can then compare what we have actually done wrong and thus not make the same mistakes again and again, so I follow the examples of your automations religiously and try to complement them with others, I'm failing and I don't know where, so I'm not getting to where you say "there's nothing to place another bet after its greened up".
I'm sorry, I don't want to abuse your kindness :cry: .
Rui
So just to clarify once the lay bet is placed and then greened up you want to use the profit from that to open another trade on the same race but different selection?
ShaunWhite

RMSSC wrote:
Sometimes it's best to turn away from the computer and write down what you want....do it broken down into the smallest possible steps as if you're describing it to an idiot. There can't be any ambiguity or vagueness. Then think about the rule type you would need for each step, any current market values it needs and any values it might to have been stored from previously (ie stored values). It's then a matter of entering those rules into Guardian.

The 'secret' if there's any is to understand how each rule works, it's a kit of parts and some work in isolation and others can interact with other rule types, such as setting a stored value and the rules that can use them. You'll get it.
RMSSC

Dallas wrote:
[

quote=ShaunWhite post_id=342604 time=1699551427 user_id=16662]
RMSSC wrote:
Sometimes it's best to turn away from the computer and write down what you want....do it broken down into the smallest possible steps as if you're describing it to an idiot. There can't be any ambiguity or vagueness. Then think about the rule type you would need for each step, any current market values it needs and any values it might to have been stored from previously (ie stored values). It's then a matter of entering those rules into Guardian.

The 'secret' if there's any is to understand how each rule works, it's a kit of parts and some work in isolation and others can interact with other rule types, such as setting a stored value and the rules that can use them. You'll get it.
[/quote]
Hello again,
As suggested, I stopped for a while to cool down and decided to rewrite the automation, try to think logically, I think it will make more sense now (I think), I abandoned the stored values and went for Ofset bets greening TS, I've been testing but there are some doubts and problems I'm facing.

The strategy consists of making a lay on a non-favorite horse within certain conditions by applying .

- I'm facing at least two problems with the conditions, the odds criteria are often not met and neither is the market volume (attached image), I don't know where I'm going wrong, in other automatisms the conditions were met, in this one they're not, what am I doing wrong?
- The doubts lie in the execution times of the rules and the parameters and repetitive number of tickets, I want to avoid substantial losses, at most 100% of the amount bet and I would like to know your assessment of those that have been implemented, if I should change them or if I should go for different parameters or additional rules to optimize this strategy.
I'm completely open to criticism and obviously to your suggestions.

I look forward to hearing from you
Capturar01.JPG
Capturar02.JPG
Capturar03.JPG
ShaunWhite

Dallas will need to get back to you on that one RMSSC. I'm not into Guardian enough to help much and might steer you the wrong way. But I know how it hangs together and once the penny drops fairly easy to understand.
Dallas

Despite re-reading the last few posts I'm still a little unsure as to exactly what it is you want from the rules file?

Could you perhaps bullet point everything you need from it in a similar way that Shaun mentioned earlier (ie, something like in the image below)

Note-1.jpg

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”