History lists and stored values

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
billeales

Hope someone can help. I am looking to set up a history list of stored values then create a stored value showing the highest value from that set. I have managed to get fairly close calculating largest point etc but can only seem to take a sample every 0.5 seconds with this method. Is there a way I can read the data with every refresh, eg SV is 0 until a larger value is shown then that value is the highest point until a higher value shows and so on.
Thanks
jamesedwards

You can create your own history lists by saving a succession of stored values.

make SV5 = SV4
make SV4 = SV3
make SV3 = SV2
make SV2 = SV1
make SV1 = attribute

This way you can build your list of stored values every refresh.
billeales

Hi, thanks for the reply, can you explain that a bit more please. Wouldn't that require 100s of stored values to be created?
jamesedwards

billeales wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:59 pm
Hi, thanks for the reply, can you explain that a bit more please. Wouldn't that require 100s of stored values to be created?
Doing the above under a stored value rule will cycle through the five (or however many you want) stored values on every refresh. Every time there is a refresh it creates a new SV1, what was SV1, SV2, SV3, and SV4 move up one, and what was SV5 drops out. Then you have some rules underneath that tests which one is bigger to create a master SV with the highest number from the current set of five SVs.

eg if you wanted to know the highest TPD speed reported in the last five refreshes, you could use the attached rulesfile that will create an SV for every selection called "highest speed".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billeales

Thank you very much, I will have a look tonight!

Return to “Support”