Restrict Fefresh For Specific Time Periods (Between 70th to 75th Minute)

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
natbat32

Hello everyone :)

Does anyone know if there is a automation rules file that will allow me to get Guardian to only update markets between the 70th minute (4,500 seconds in) to 75th minute (4,800 seconds in)?

I know under 'Advanced Settings' & 'Restricted Refresh', the standard settings are the 'From seconds before Start Time' & 'To seconds after Start Time' options.

I dont need to get involved till the 70th minute (4,500 seconds in). I really dont want the markets constantly updating from kick off, with me not needing the market data till the 70th minute (4,500 seconds in).

Thanks people!
sionascaig

I think this was raised as a "suggestion" a wee while ago... Can probably find it under that section of forum...

A solution, but not a very good one, is to change the "Start Time" in guardian - add 70 mins to it...

Cant be done via automation as far as I'm aware.
natbat32

Hi Sion

Thanks for the reply.

If I add 70 minutes to the start time won’t that make the markets update 70 minutes before kick off time?

Thanks again.
sionascaig

Not quite sure what you mean..

The market will start whenever it starts ? From a "refresh" point of view though, if you add 70mins on to start time, then guardian will start refreshing market at old start time +70 mins.

Your automation will need to take account for this though..
sionascaig

I had assumed your issue was with having a lot of markets loaded & are concerned with the overall refresh cycle & how this may impact any automation.

If this is not the case then I wouldn't worry about it too much.
natbat32

Hi Sion

Sorry if it didn't make sense.

Yeah, so the start time would be till the 75th minute, but ideally I didn’t want the refresh of the markets to start till the 70th minute. Start at minute 70 & end and minute 75:

If I let it run from kick off, & all the way through to the 75th minute it will be to much of an overload.

I will have every single match loaded. The excel automation will then decide if it should back or lay it between the 70th & 75th minute.

Would just be great if there was an automation rule which paused the markets till 70th minute, then the markets refreshed till the 75th minute & then paused them again.

Thanks.
sionascaig

Doh! That is off course correct...

I think I was confused by some chat a while ago about markets when the start time can be delayed and we wanted to restrict refresh on in-play time, e.g. tennis.. I think that was what the suggestion was about...
natbat32

Hello

Again, thanks for the replies.

See attached photo (was taken at 10:21am).

I have done what you said, or at least I think I have...

'Simply adjust these values to your desired time range (4,500 to 4,800 seconds) to avoid constant updates from kick-off.'.

I took this screenshot at 10:21am. Even with these time ranges of 4,500 to 4,800 seconds restrict refresh options put in place, it is still updating the markets from kick off, which is a 10am start time. It also updates other games markets that arnt kicking off for another hour (11am start time).

I only want the markets to update between the 70th & 75th minute. I dont want the markets updating 4,500 seconds before kick off, and all the way through to the 75th minute.

What am I doing wrong? :shock:

Thanks again lads.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sionascaig

I don't think you can using these options as 1st one is from "before" start time... Best you could do here is 0 secs from start time to 75th min...

Or back to my original "bad" solution...

PS: none of the above takes account of 1st half injury time or start delays etc?
natbat32

Hi Sion

Going back to your 'original "bad" solution' lol

Are you able to take a screenshot of your original idea? I'm not 100% what I need to do. I'm sure its not as bad as doing nothing at all.

Regarding start time delays and injury time, I add on a few minutes, so it wasnt to much of an issue when I did a similar sytem about 5 years ago. Back then I had 3 laptops, so 100%'s of markets updating wasnt so much an issue.

Thanks.
sionascaig

Click on the "Start Time" in Guardian and add 70 mins to the time...
Screenshot 2023-12-15 114344.png
edit - you can then use the restrict refresh options above to control when market is updated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
natbat32

Ok, now that makes a lot of sense and a great solution!

I have never tried to change those timings before, so I never knew it was possible!

Will give that ok :D

Thanks mate.
firlandsfarm

sionascaig wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:19 am

edit - you can then use the restrict refresh options above to control when market is updated
Really, you can edit the columns in Guardian and BA won't override your input at the next refresh! I never knew that ... don't know if it has much use beyond this thread but interesting to know :) I'm just trying it on an 'unimportant' match dues to kick-off at 12:30 and changed it to 12:42 ... will monitor it just for a bit of fun :)
sionascaig

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:24 pm
sionascaig wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:19 am

Really, you can edit the columns in Guardian and BA won't override your input at the next refresh! I never knew that ... don't know if it has much use beyond this thread but interesting to know :) I'm just trying it on an 'unimportant' match dues to kick-off at 12:30 and changed it to 12:42 ... will monitor it just for a bit of fun :)
Yeah, can be very handy when a football match gets delayed say and bot conditional on start time.

Or recent changes to horse race start time !

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”