How to achieve best lay price inPlay racing

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
Brovashift

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a way, when using automation, to achieve the best or close to the best lay price in running, as opposed to using a fixed price?

I make my selections the evening before and then watch the races for my selction(s) price to drop to my desired range. Depending on how the race is being run I lay <4.9, but ideally closer to 3.0 or less. Studying the cards the evening before gives me an exceptional success rate, even if it is a pain in the arse lol. The frustrating thing is when I do the work but my price is not reached, or when my price is reached (sometimes even more so) but my own race reading bias prevents me from pulling the trigger, only to see my selection(s) finish in different postcodes... thinking I wouldnt have missed that if this was automated!

So my thinking; my ideal entry price is <=3.0, but prices dont always reach 3, sometimes it might be 3.2, which is still acceptable to me, but also prices can drop momentarily below 3 for an even better price... So is it feasible to set a servant to monitor prices and if <3.75 enter lay stake @3.75, so if price has dropped further I should get the better price, in theory, assuming I get matched of course.
Or... I was thinking about breaking my stakes into 3 and scaling into a lay position across my desired price range, but I feel that more often than not, what would happen with this is only my first portion would get matched which may push my strategy into the red.

just wondering if this is a good way to achieve the desired result or if someone knows of a better way, or why this is not the best idea for whatever reason!??

TIA
Dallas

Betfair will always match you at the best price as soon as the bet hits the market
So you just set the bet to be placed at the highest possible price you are willing to take and if there is anything better when it's placed you'll be matched at it
Derek27

If you lay at 3.0 and the price drops to 2.2, you get matched at 3.0.

If you have a rule to monitor the price and fire a lay at best price, you could potentially get 2.2, but then again, you could miss it and not get matched.
Brovashift

Cheers guys, Im going to have a little play about on Sunday :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”