Install

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Jampi59

Hello
Is it possible to install two Bet Angel applications on one computer because I would like to practice strategies on one and bet on real matches on the other?
any help is welcome
Thank you
sionascaig

Just open another instance from same application?
Jampi59

It doesn't work like that, it installs in the same place and a new application is not created
Derek27

Jampi59 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:36 am
It doesn't work like that, it installs in the same place and a new application is not created
Don't install it twice, just run it twice. That is, click on the Bet Angel icon on your desktop or start menu to start another instance of Bet Angel.
sionascaig

I mean, use the same application to set up two instances... One set to "live", the other "test".

From memory you can have 10 instances running at the same time subject to PC spec.
Jampi59

Derek27 You helped me a lot. Everything is ok now
Thank you very much
Jampi59

sionascaig
Thank you very much
Dallas

The only reason to run it on a separate PC is if you were wanting automation logs and exporting reports, but even if that was the case you can still do it from one PC but it's a bit of a manual process to set up

You would need to duplicate the Bet Angel folder in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Bet Angel Limited\Bet Angel - Professional' to make a second copy of the application and then edit the file BetAngel.exe.config in that folder..... you'll see a line <add key="ConfigName" value="Bet Angel Professional"/> you could change that to <add key="ConfigName" value="Bet Angel Professional 2"/>

Now you'll have a completely separate work area as if the two instances were running on different PCs

But if not needing the automation logs or reports for both instances then as others have said already, just repeat the login process up to 10 times

From the FAQ section
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12446
DanTheMan1

Hi Dallas, I have tried to create a copy of Bet Angel in my folder unfortunately it won't allow me to edit the Bet Angel config file to BetAngel2 as you have suggested. Any advice would be great as I want to run my normal day to day trading stuff as per norm, and a second instance for data information only. Cheers Dan.
DanTheMan1

Morning, this is the message I get when I try to do the above method Dallas, or if anyone could point me in the right direction? Cheers Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

DanTheMan1 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:59 am
Morning, this is the message I get when I try to do the above method Dallas, or if anyone could point me in the right direction? Cheers Dan
That's a Windows permission error, you'll need to ensure you have the required permissions enabled for the user account you are using/logging into Windows with
DanTheMan1

Cheers for the reply Dallas, It's still not playing ball, I've tried to run the file as administrator but it still Isn't letting me do any form of edits to the config file. Leave it for now with it being Cheltenham, but thank you for your help anyway. If anyone has an easy fix for this I would really appreciate it. Good luck today, guys and gals. Dan
DanTheMan1

Morning all, just a quick nudge on this one if anyone can help. So basically I want to run two instances of Bet Angel. One for bet application and one for data collection. The problem I am having is that when I export the reports folder, the data conflicts between the two instances. I would like both instances to bring back the data in the log consistent with the instance of Bet Angel.
Is there any way of doing this? Dallas mentioned about copying the file in the Bet Angel folder to emulate a new one, but it won't allow me to save the file under a new name. I have tried running the file as administrator and I have allowed all permissions on my side but the file still won't save.
I would like both sets of data to come into excel like it does from the reports file, so I can easily edit it in power query.
Any help would be fantastic, if this isn't possible, if somebody could just say that would be great so I don't carry on attempting.
Cheers guys have a good day.
Dan

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”