Restore Current Screen Layout

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
lavenham

Hi

Not sure if I am being a bit thick but I can't seem to create a working keyboard shortcut key to 'Restore the current screen layout'. I know I can do it via View but a simple keystroke would be easier (for me).
I created a keystroke in the Behaviour section under profile but it doesn't work. All my other keystroke short cuts do.

Anyone idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
jamesedwards

lavenham wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:09 pm
Hi

Not sure if I am being a bit thick but I can't seem to create a working keyboard shortcut key to 'Restore the current screen layout'. I know I can do it via View but a simple keystroke would be easier (for me).
I created a keystroke in the Behaviour section under profile but it doesn't work. All my other keystroke short cuts do.

Anyone idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Do you have the right window active when you press the shortcut key?
lavenham

Yes. If I go to the View dropdown the command works i.e. restores but the shortcut to this action doesn't.
jamesedwards

lavenham wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:29 pm
Yes. If I go to the View dropdown the command works i.e. restores but the shortcut to this action doesn't.
Try making sure the 'main trading area' window is the active window (ie last window you mouse-clicked on).
lavenham

No still not working.
jamesedwards

I've just checked and I can't even find an option for 'Reload current screen layout' in the Keyboard Shortcuts Editor.

There's a 'Select a screen layout profile' option in the 'Global settings' group. Have you tried using that?
lavenham

Yes that was what I thought would work but no unfortunately.
Will put a request into the wish list. Thanks for having a look anyway.
jamesedwards

lavenham wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:45 am
Yes that was what I thought would work but no unfortunately.
Will put a request into the wish list. Thanks for having a look anyway.
I've just tested it and it works fine for me. You do have to have the main Bet Angel screen as your active window (not Guardian).

Do you definitely have it set up properly? Here's mine set up to revert to my profile 'in-running V2.0' when I press Alt+M.

Picture41.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lavenham

Checked everything and not working as I want. I have the same settings as you. My basic screen settings includes graphs in certain places around the main trading screen. In between races I often need to hide the graphs so I can use other programmes. I just wanted a quick keyboard shortcut to restore my graphs etc back to the screen. View> reload works fine but as discussed the keyboard shortcut does not.
I will just live without it but thanks for your help and ideas.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”