Major Betfair issue

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Tribet1

Safeway wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:43 pm
Tribet - I had exactly the same issue as you.

Somebody self-excluded on a Paddy Power account so for no reason at all they decided that was me and I thought my Betfair account was gone for good.

The insane and surreal experience that followed for a week or so left me speechless. In fact I still can't speak :cry:

Even when they admitted their mistakes and reinstated the account some idiot wanted to put some sort of new limits on me 'just to be on the safe side.' You've got the wrong man said I. Speechless.....still am.

Best of luck with it all. BF / PP / Flutter - all too big - need downsizing to sensible little firms.....some hope :?

Thanks and indeed it is surreal,I'll have another go at them tomorrow as that will be a week.
The Silk Run

I believe their permitted to put you on hold for up to eight weeks whilst carrying out enquiries !!! This being GC guidance which they often cite if you elevate to dispute ...

Have you considered their complaints procedure. May speed things up slightly ...
Tribet1

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:15 pm
I believe their permitted to put you on hold for up to eight weeks whilst carrying out enquiries !!! This being GC guidance which they often cite if you elevate to dispute ...

Have you considered their complaints procedure. May speed things up slightly ...
I raised a complaint last week and thought that may have done the trick.They'll be having a solicitors letter before 8 weeks are up that's for sure probably even a court order that usually focuses the mind.
The Silk Run

I raised a small claim action against them a couple of years ago. It was only for a small amount, but they paid up promptly, and including me fee !!! And have never interfered with my accounts since ...

I wouldn't bother with IBAS, GC and all the other monkeys on Flutter's payroll. Just do your own thing.

Good luck n keep the community updated :)
Tribet1

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:17 pm
I raised a small claim action against them a couple of years ago. It was only for a small amount, but they paid up promptly, and including me fee !!! And have never interfered with my accounts since ...

I wouldn't bother with IBAS, GC and all the other monkeys on Flutter's payroll. Just do your own thing.

Good luck n keep the community updated :)
Nice one,pretty much everyone rolls over like a dog when you get the courts involved,I've no intention of going to IBAS or the GC.
I'll keep you up to date.
Tribet1

Ok as it's been a week I contacted them today by Chat and basically got into the Safer Gambling loop again so I called their priority number which was useless last time.
I spoke to a very helpful chap who found my money straight away and reiterated that this was caused by them matching my email to another account I had.
I'm absolutely certain I don't have one but he stated when it was opened but it's never been used.
It was about the time arbitrage was becoming unviable which is the only thing I can correlate it to,but why I'd have opened another account when I never really used the other one for arbitrage I've no idea so I'm still not convinced.
At least it's not linked to a Flutter account that I know I closed down as they paid me twice and I just took it and left :lol: sorry different times.
Anyway the nice lad said he'd email the correct department and they would get back to me in a couple of hours.
Obviously they haven't :( but at least I'm on the right track,I've not asked for my money back as I want it to stay so I might as well wait until I get an answer.
Euler

I thought it may be this. It's mad that just updating your email can get your account closed instantly.
Dai_Young

Tribet1 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:21 pm
Ok as it's been a week I contacted them today by Chat and basically got into the Safer Gambling loop again so I called their priority number which was useless last time.
I spoke to a very helpful chap who found my money straight away and reiterated that this was caused by them matching my email to another account I had.
I'm absolutely certain I don't have one but he stated when it was opened but it's never been used.
It was about the time arbitrage was becoming unviable which is the only thing I can correlate it to,but why I'd have opened another account when I never really used the other one for arbitrage I've no idea so I'm still not convinced.
At least it's not linked to a Flutter account that I know I closed down as they paid me twice and I just took it and left :lol: sorry different times.
Anyway the nice lad said he'd email the correct department and they would get back to me in a couple of hours.
Obviously they haven't :( but at least I'm on the right track,I've not asked for my money back as I want it to stay so I might as well wait until I get an answer.
Sounds like we're in a similar position. I'm told that they're waiting on the Safer Gambling department to send the relevant documents to the priority account team.

Eight days (and counting) account closure for changing email address!
Tribet1

Euler wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:47 pm
I thought it may be this. It's mad that just updating your email can get your account closed instantly.
Indeed and surely if I did have 2 accounts the easiest way of checking would be personal details not an email.
I don't even think I had started using the new email address when the supposed other account was opened either.
Tribet1

Dai_Young wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:03 pm
Tribet1 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:21 pm
Sounds like we're in a similar position. I'm told that they're waiting on the Safer Gambling department to send the relevant documents to the priority account team.

Eight days (and counting) account closure for changing email address!
I think we'll be ok eventually frustrating as it is at least I know mine is not related to the Flutter account I closed which is what I thought it was.
I sent my docs to the priority team not the safer gambling team though.
Tribet1

Still nothing today but I checked and I didn't start using the email they say is associated with my "second" account until 4 years after it was opened.
I think they have a major IT glitch somewhere.
Dai_Young

Tribet1 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:49 pm
Still nothing today but I checked and I didn't start using the email they say is associated with my "second" account until 4 years after it was opened.
Interesting. When your account first got closed did you get the 'It has come to out attention that you have more than one account registered with Betfair' email?
I did and I was 99.999% sure that I'd only ever had one account but figured it was just a generic email which they used to refer to the wider check of all flutter accounts.
Maybe there is a major glitch in their database.

Would be curious to know if anyone could change their email address on their account without getting shut down. Doubtful there'd be any volunteers to try it though :)

No contact here again either btw
Tribet1

Yes Dai we both had the same message about having another account when we don't :shock:
This is quite remarkable,I don't really know what to make of such a glaring IT error.
Derek27

Dai_Young wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:14 pm
Tribet1 wrote:
Interesting. When your account first got closed did you get the 'It has come to out attention that you have more than one account registered with Betfair' email?
I did and I was 99.999% sure that I'd only ever had one account but figured it was just a generic email which they used to refer to the wider check of all flutter accounts.

Would be curious to know if anyone could change their email address on their account without getting shut down. Doubtful there'd be any volunteers to try it though :)

That message gets automatically sent if you change your login email address, which defines your account. They treat it as another account and automatically close the old one.
Tribet1

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:48 pm
Dai_Young wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:14 pm
Tribet1 wrote:

That message gets automatically sent if you change your login email address, which defines your account. They treat it as another account and automatically close the old one.
:lol: that is quite remarkable and bizarre.

Return to “Betfair exchange”