UK General Election 2024 (or 25) - Trading ONLY thread

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:41 pm
30p-Lee switches to Reform, becoming their only MP.
Could be interesting though as Nigel is coming back. Not everyone’s cup of tea and never been an MP but he could cause allot of carnage with white van Essex Man etc.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:13 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Could be interesting though as Nigel is coming back. Not everyone’s cup of tea and never been an MP but he could cause allot of carnage with white van Essex Man etc.
That reminds me, for people who don't know. Stevenage Woman: A mother who's worried about the cost of living. :)
Derek27

Starmer's given Sophy Ridge an emotional interview about his upbringing. That should be a few votes in the bag. :)
Crazyskier

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:13 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Reform UK has an outstanding opportunity to take huge swathes of disaffected leave voters across the nation.

If Farage commits fully to the project then the potential to take votes from both the incompetent Tories and the 'can't define a woman' Labour, is huge.

CS
Archangel

Must be plenty of opportunity out there to nab voters who are tired of Woke agenda
jamesedwards

Reform will just take a decent share of overall vote without gaining any significant traction in terms of seats.
Derek27

Calls for the Tory party to hand back donations made by Frank Hester, their biggest doner, after racist and sexist comments against Diane Abbot. He probably only made those comments because he wants his money back!

Mel Stride says his comments wasn't racist or sexist and an apology is good enough. :lol:

Each time a member of one of the main parties puts their foot in it, the other party has a field day ... until they do it themselves. :lol: :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:48 am
Calls for the Tory party to hand back donations made by Frank Hester, their biggest doner, after racist and sexist comments against Diane Abbot. He probably only made those comments because he wants his money back!

Mel Stride says his comments wasn't racist or sexist and an apology is good enough. :lol:

Each time a member of one of the main parties puts their foot in it, the other party has a field day ... until they do it themselves. :lol: :lol:
Stll made no difference to the odds. Although If I'd acted on my view a few months ago regarding when the next GE would be. I'd be laughing. Live and learn. Heigh ho!
greenmark

Why has Abbott said this?
Ms Abbott said as a "single woman" she was already "vulnerable" when walking or taking a bus in her Hackney constituency.

"For all of my career as an MP I have thought it important, not to live in a bubble, but to mix and mingle with ordinary people," she added.

"ORDINARY PEOPLE" !!!??? Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Don't shoot her but muffling her might be a plausable option.
Derek27

I knew it was just a matter of time before the shame switches back to Labour. Diane Abbot was asked to attend an anti-sematic course in order to have the Labour whip restored. Sunak could well argue a two-hour anti-racist course should be sufficient for the Tory party to continue to take Hester's money. :roll:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:13 pm
I knew it was just a matter of time before the shame switches back to Labour. Diane Abbot was asked to attend an anti-sematic course in order to have the Labour whip restored. Sunak could well argue a two-hour anti-racist course should be sufficient for the Tory party to continue to take Hester's money. :roll:
What Hester said was just terrible.

But Abbot doesn't deserve to welcomed back. She was excluded for diminishing the prejudice suffered by travellers, Irish and Jews. Is any kind of prejudice worse than another?
I don't like her at all. Sh'e's gobby and smug that she's "arrived". Her manipulation of the Hackney electorate with left-wing rhetoric while she lives high on the hog is pretty sickening.

But, none the less what Hester said borders on exrtemism. Private meeting? Well it clearly wasn't and people like him should think harder about the s**t that they spout when they feel safe.
And will this issue change the odds? I doubt it.
Michael5482

Re: UK General Election 2024 (or 25) - Trading ONLY thread
arbitrage16

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:12 pm
. First up is 18 to 40 year olds, enough to equate to 6 million soles….
That's a lot of shoes, lol
greenmark

Labour majority shortened further. Now 1.19.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:42 pm
Labour majority shortened further. Now 1.19.
People keep saying, Sunak will never call an election while the polls are so bad, but I think his backbenchers realise they not going to get any better and might get worse. I think they just want to be put out of their misery. Many of them would get better paid jobs this year if he calls an early election. :)

Return to “Political betting & arguing”