UK General Election 2024 (or 25) - Trading ONLY thread

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 2:35 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 12:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 12:38 pm
Natalie Elphicke has crossed the floor during PMQ, completely out of the blue!
MP for Dover. She's angry that Sunak has lied over his determination to 'Stop the Boats'
She's right that we need to be stronger with border patrols
I don't think Sunak lied about his determination to stop the boats, he's absolutely determined, he's just deluded into thinking that "stopping the boats", i.e. bringing the numbers down to zero, is achievable.

What's bizarre is that Elphicke is towards the right of the Tory party, and now she's joined Labour!

I'm not even sure what happens to these defectors come election time, when the Labour party will already have genuine candidates to run for the seat.
Rats jumping ship Derek. And sadly Starmer is only too happy to provide a welcome. No way should she be in the Labour Party.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 2:52 pm
Derek27 wrote:
LeTiss wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 12:42 pm

MP for Dover. She's angry that Sunak has lied over his determination to 'Stop the Boats'
She's right that we need to be stronger with border patrols
I don't think Sunak lied about his determination to stop the boats, he's absolutely determined, he's just deluded into thinking that "stopping the boats", i.e. bringing the numbers down to zero, is achievable.

What's bizarre is that Elphicke is towards the right of the Tory party, and now she's joined Labour!

I'm not even sure what happens to these defectors come election time, when the Labour party will already have genuine candidates to run for the seat.
Rats jumping ship Derek. And sadly Starmer is only too happy to provide a welcome. No way should she be in the Labour Party.
She and many others are stepping down at the next election. So it won’t really matter.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 6:22 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

She and many others are stepping down at the next election. So it won’t really matter.
Possibly. But for integrity of the Labour Party it looks bad. She epitomises what has gone wrong with politics. No principles as corrupt as her husband and Labour welcome her in! WTF!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:02 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Possibly. But for integrity of the Labour Party it looks bad. She epitomises what has gone wrong with politics. No principles as corrupt as her husband and Labour welcome her in! WTF!
It is a bit of a dilemma for Starmer. He doesn't want a right-wing MP in his ranks, but he can't turn down the opportunity to rub Sunak's nose in it. :)
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:02 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Yeah, I imagine the left of centre MPs will kick up a fuss big time.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”