do rules work independantly?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Kevin_C

I have 2 automation rules with each placing bets at the reverse market price

Rule 1, I want to cancel if the odds change which i can set in parameters ( cancel bets priced < Price parameter and cancel bets priced > Price parameter )

Rule 2, I do not want bets to be cancelled ( here i am betting X ticks above current market price)

If i run only rule 2 then the bets are not cancelled, if i run both rule 1 and rule 2 then the bets from rule 2 are cancelled!

I thought the rules would work independantly and according to AI support they should work independantly.

I am new to bet angel so could someone confirm if the rules should work independantly?

i am using the current version 1.61 and on test mode
jamesedwards

When your rule triggers a cancellation, Bet Angel is simply sending a command to Betfair to cancel all bets within your set parameters.

So Betfair will cancel all relevant positions whether they were triggered by Rule 1, Rule 2, or even manually on Betfair site.

To only cancel bets triggered by a specific rule you'll have to do something with stored values around either bet price, volume, or even bet ID.
Kevin_C

Thanks for that info.

As i say, i am new to bet angel.
I would be interested in storing the bet id for each rule and then only cancel if the bet id matched the list from rule 1.

Does that sound the correcft approach, where would i go about learning how to set that up?
jamesedwards

Kevin_C wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:32 pm
Thanks for that info.

As i say, i am new to bet angel.
I would be interested in storing the bet id for each rule and then only cancel if the bet id matched the list from rule 1.

Does that sound the correcft approach, where would i go about learning how to set that up?
You'd have to play around with this sort of thing.
Capture 21.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Support”