An old newbie needing help.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Archery1969

Fugazi wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:43 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:49 am

Probably the biggest help I had was watching Peter/Euler's videos. There are some big fat clues!!!
That's the problem. Some people are just unable to pick up on the clues. And without that level of thinking, its a waste of time helping them further. You'll end up doing all the heavy lifting for them.

If I had one tip I would be willing to give, its work out who the successful members are. Read through their posts. Over the years they let slip clues here and there. Add them all together and you have most of the pieces to the puzzle.

Even something as simple as that people just don't think deep enough to do.
Thats kind of what I did in the end. :lol:
Bobajob

boscow wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:27 pm
Hi, to anyone willing to listen and answer. I am an oldie trying to make sense of the different automation BAF files on the forum. I have managed to download and edit various of these files, but have never been able to edit sufficiently to make these files give me a steady profit. Apart from Peter who kicked off Betangel, are there any members who are making a profit/living out of Betangel and if so are willing to give advise/help with the automation side of this wonderful piece of software?
Kind regards and thanks in anticipation,
Eric AKA bosco1951
I have managed to download and edit various of these files, but have never been able to edit sufficiently to make these files give me a steady profit
I don't think any of these files will give you a consistent profit - treat them as 'unfinished'.
It's your job to finish them into making a consistent profit or better still coming up with your own ideas.
What files have you been editing out of interest
Fugazi

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:47 am
Fugazi wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:43 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:49 am

Probably the biggest help I had was watching Peter/Euler's videos. There are some big fat clues!!!
That's the problem. Some people are just unable to pick up on the clues. And without that level of thinking, its a waste of time helping them further. You'll end up doing all the heavy lifting for them.

If I had one tip I would be willing to give, its work out who the successful members are. Read through their posts. Over the years they let slip clues here and there. Add them all together and you have most of the pieces to the puzzle.

Even something as simple as that people just don't think deep enough to do.
Thats kind of what I did in the end. :lol:
I followed yours :lol:
conduirez

When I read threads like this I always think of the famous Ted Nelson quote.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
NotBothered

really the only person who helps is Dallas - but he is not really refining a process for success just giving away ideas and programming tips

most of the other peoples comments tend to be when people ask for help -- its not a bike without handlebars a seat and a chain
this is what many people here classify as help .. all you need to do is look through a few posts -- these sorts of suggestions are everywhere

the whole question well what do you expect for $150 etc - well I suppose it is misleading to most in my opinion - you just need to look at the automation threads where the majority download and lose... they are expecting real help to move them along

Look videos are great but it makes no difference we all know it comes down to market selection - so yeah if that helps some people great but it really does more harm in most cases... prolongs the dream and not showing the reality.

anyway I have expressed my opinion on this - so I will leave it at that.
Euler

I know it's tough, but there are loads of 'services' out there that promote themselves as trying to 'help', but they don't. They don't even trade themselves seriously. They are just ripping people off.

This forum gives you a dose of reality, and while that may not be palatable for some, it is reality. You either see it, or your don't. But it is the truth.
Derek27

NotBothered wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:25 am
really the only person who helps is Dallas - but he is not really refining a process for success just giving away ideas and programming tips

most of the other peoples comments tend to be when people ask for help -- its not a bike without handlebars a seat and a chain
this is what many people here classify as help .. all you need to do is look through a few posts -- these sorts of suggestions are everywhere

the whole question well what do you expect for $150 etc - well I suppose it is misleading to most in my opinion - you just need to look at the automation threads where the majority download and lose... they are expecting real help to move them along

Look videos are great but it makes no difference we all know it comes down to market selection - so yeah if that helps some people great but it really does more harm in most cases... prolongs the dream and not showing the reality.

Can I just clarify, are you a newbie trader trying to make a profit, or are you a highly successful trader that's trying to improve the forum for newbies?

I think I recall you saying a while ago you were already successful?
conduirez

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm
NotBothered wrote:

Can I just clarify, are you a newbie trader trying to make a profit, or are you a highly successful trader that's trying to improve the forum for newbies?

I have to say NotBothered.

Most trading questions I see on here fall into three groups, or a combination of them, and as you say Dallas helps a lot with technical questions Type 1.

1. Genuine help request
2. I cannot make money, please help me.
3. RTFM.

Type 1,
Everybody who has experienced the same problem will have sympathy and help, such as deposit problems, Betfair is down, account closures, or I read the manual but don't understand this bit etc.

Type 2.
Please show me how to make money, please give me your successful trading secrets, I will be eternally grateful.

Type 3.
Please show me how to do this, I am so lazy.

So what do you really expect, when the majority of questions are of or contain Type 2 or Type 3.

Derek has a point are you successful or not?
greenmark

conduirez wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:49 pm
Derek27 wrote:
NotBothered wrote:

Most trading questions I see on here fall into three groups, or a combination of them, and as you say Dallas helps a lot with technical questions Type 1.

1. Genuine help request
3. RTFM.

Type 1,
Everybody who has experienced the same problem will have sympathy and help, such as deposit problems, Betfair is down, account closures, or I read the manual but don't understand this bit etc.

Type 2.
Please show me how to make money, please give me your successful trading secrets, I will be eternally grateful.

Type 3.

So what do you really expect, when the majority of questions are of or contain Type 2 or Type 3.

+1 that pretty much shuts this thread down IMO.
NotBothered

me ? I am Platinum / Black whatever the highest level is at betfair these days

Bet Angel is newish for me - as I write my strategy in other software

Scalping though is one thing I have not beaten as yet.

( I am not talking about for 10 20 30 40 dollars sort of thing - am talking about a professional model capable of doing 5000 10000 a day )
Last edited by NotBothered on Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:01 pm
conduirez wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:49 pm
Derek27 wrote:

1. Genuine help request
3. RTFM.

Type 1,

Type 2.

Type 3.

+1 that pretty much shuts this thread down IMO.
I think you're forgetting that NotBothered isn't the OP. :lol:
Derek27

NotBothered wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:03 pm
me ? I am Platinum / Black whatever the highest level is at betfair these days

Bet Angel is newish for me - as I write my strategy in other software

Scalping though is one thing I have not beaten as yet.
I didn't realise Betfair has silver/gold standards for their customers. Creating bots for newbies won't help them. You can give a man a fish but it will only feed him for a day. :)
conduirez

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:10 pm

I think you're forgetting that NotBothered isn't the OP. :lol:
I know that NotBothered is not the OP, but the points I raised were for criticising the standard of help on the forum.
Fugazi

"Before criticising someone elses negative traits, ask yourself: What trait of my own does that closely resemble? "
NotBothered

derek.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”