Anyone want to join in on added functions

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
NotBothered

I looked at the links posted and experimented with them

range volume pretty much everything offered on this forum - I looked at some of Peters videos on some things

my conclusion is this : none of them provide the information in a way that is useful for higher level scalping : yeah it is fine for 2 4 5 10 stake sort of stuff.

Why am I saying this ?

All the values seem to operate with a Lag and it affects performance considerably.

You look at Hi Low range data ... instead of a constant stream of data that is accurate - it is affected by when liquidity moves from one market into the next and for each setting these values are different -- so depending on the race it varies alot - so it uses old data and when that data changes quickly your a sitting duck

yes you can change all the times but it is a case by case basis and that was not really the goal... the goal was to build a toolbox and apply all measures to filter through the races one by one but this will not be possible the way you would like it to be.

Now I have been able to take things apply them to specific cases and really pump up the filters and applications and make them profitable -- but nothing that would generate 5,000 a day sort of thing.

You know when you watch the videos and see all the comments saying how people are losing money using BA and then the answer is to come to the forum -- and you read some of the comments people make here about what did you expect - and offer very little information - after looking through these things it is very clear where all the errors are coming from.

I need to think on -- how to clean up the data -- how to process the data better -- and how to have more accurate readings - if this is even possible.

+ I am not talking UK racing here - where your volumes are better/more reliable --> I am talking about AU NZ racing - where you not only have to have your automations correct - but you need some way to deal with the different flow of funds that basically destroys many automations completely.

As the automations assume the values are correct but really they are not.

Honestly the simplest way would be to have your own ratings as the basis to control how things work - but now we are talking about something beyond what I thought would make this work.

These are my comments/thoughts today it maybe different tomorrow depending on how things go.
sionascaig

NotBothered wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:37 pm

....my conclusion is this : none of them provide the information in a way that is useful for higher level scalping : yeah it is fine for 2 4 5 10 stake sort of stuff.

.....+ I am not talking UK racing here - where your volumes are better/more reliable --> I am talking about AU NZ racing - where you not only have to have your automations correct - but you need some way to deal with the different flow of funds that basically destroys many automations completely.
A bit confused or maybe just ignorant about AUS / NZ rating but the majority of these races just have single or double digit money in the ladders, the markets are in general not well formed and by far the majority of money comes in the last 2 or 3 mins and increases seemingly exponentially right up to the off... e.g. average stake size can got from a few c's to a few hundreds in the space of a couple of mins.

==> if you want to scalp for significant sums, you have to do it when volatility is at the highest

==> which is exactly when you don't want to scalp?.
The Silk Run

He'sNotBothered :D
conduirez

The Silk Run wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:51 pm
He'sNotBothered :D
Very true, he has insulted many of the heavyweights on this forum before.
NotBothered

It is not insulting anyone I am just stating a fact

that as markets move from 20 minutes to 1 second as various times the information you can calculate - the quality varies

so just about anyone who tries to run any automation with proper filters faces an impossible task to make money

The key for me now is to figure how to compare data - and filter out the weak data and only use the best/highest quality - and is the data high enough for long enough to generate a profitable trade.

Now this does not matter as much for strategy - but it does for scalping.
NotBothered

so there is 2 choices for scalping

1. manual - which takes experience

or

2. figure out when the data is most reliable and which indicators to use - that can give accurate information at that time

for most this would border on impossible

but I will keep studying it .. but this explains to me why none of the things anywhere actually work -- because they cannot handle the wide differences in quality of information.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”