Racing Blogger

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

I see Racing Blogger (Stephen Power) has done a documentary on himself :lol:

I wont put a link in there, but you can find it on YouTube if you want.

It's starts with an eponymous opening sequence and the lines: -

"I am the greatest racing influencer in the history of the modern era. Legend, racing blogger and social media."
Dallas

...............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......
Derek27

I'm guessing he's a younger guy, but people who talk about themselves like that usually look back at it in ten years' time and cringe.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:01 pm
I see Racing Blogger (Stephen Power) has done a documentary on himself :lol:

"I am the greatest racing influencer in the history of the modern era. Legend, racing blogger and social media."
Seems like he's been trying to get a racing role on the TV networks for the last few years.

He's seen how Chris Hughes has done it, although he might have more of a squeak if he was an ex-jockey or can run around the course like a lunatic, ready for the next interview.

Tipping a winner is less of a requirement nowadays, getting the unknown information to the racing public so we can add it to what is already known is the important bit. If he can evidence/provide that sort of information, they'll snap him up and we'll all be tuning in....
Euler

I see he went all in on El Fabiolo today!
Hepburn

Gosh just watched a bit of the video, he does have a hyper side to him!.

He has TV potential with training but how does that work if you're a full on gambler? Can't be screaming down the mic when your horse is winning.
Someone needs to show him trading lol
Euler

I met him once and he seemed OK, we got along just fine. But he is increasingly looking like a mirror of a lot of what is wrong with social media 'influencers'. Full of it, but when you look under the surface, there is nothing there.

I see he had a major falling out with Matt Chapman during Cheltenham: -

https://twitter.com/racingblogger/statu ... 9374881208

So his response is to offer to fight Matt Chapman. Ok, it's in jest, but this is exactly that sort of aggression that marks out this style of 'influencer'. They just want to stir up stuff and shout louder to get a voice.

He, and others to be fair, have completely forgotten that you need to be an expert to have a say. Just shouting a lot isn't enough, you should earn respect.
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:37 am
you need to be an expert to have a say. Just shouting a lot isn't enough, you should earn respect.
says who?? lol
Euler

It's a modern affliction: if you want to appear to be an expert, just shout a lot; if you disagree with something, just shout a lot. If you..... whatever, just shout a lot.

No resolution, no discussion, no experience required to qualify your view, just shout a lot.

It's a road to nowhere.
MemphisFlash

Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:41 am
It's a modern affliction, if you want to appear to be an expert just shout a lot, if you disagree with something, just shout a lot. If you..... whatever, just shout a lot.

No resolution, no discussion, no experience required to qualify your view, just shout a lot.

It's a road to nowhere.
no, this is the road to nowhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hL_ATXJ6JU
Dublin_Flyer

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:17 am
Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:41 am
It's a modern affiliation, if you want to appear to be an expert just shout a lot, if you disagree with something, just shout a lot. If you..... whatever, just shout a lot.

It's a road to nowhere.
no, this is the road to nowhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hL_ATXJ6JU
Arsehole, I knew what it was gonna be and now that song is stuck in my head!! :lol:

Regarding shady traders,tipsters and scammers on Youtube, I recommend having a look at Betting & Trading Gurubusters. He calls out a lot of them and swears a lot in a German (I think) accent. Good for a watch if you've run out of Youtube stuff
Naffman

The govt talk about affordability checks and trying to reduce harm for vulnerable people but if you follow RB as a naive younger punter you’d probably lose the lot. They watch him bang an easy 4 figs on most bets and makes it look so easy.

Listen, he’s not doing anything legally wrong but it just leaves a bad taste. If I had an 18-25yo son who was following him I’d be very very concerned.
Euler

You don't actually need to take cash to a course any longer, you can simply use a debit card. Most bookies encourage it, unless you trust the punter and don't want to check the cash.

So slapping down a wad as though you just made the decision, is highly unlikely to be genuine. It's all for show. But of course, that's not what it's made to look like.

It also doesn't sit comfortably with me.
Shaung89

Euler wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:49 pm
I see he went all in on El Fabiolo today!
Not true... He had a decent treble running onto El Fabiolo.

I personally think he's good for the attraction of the younger audience to the sport. He's appealing to the latest generation where the youth look to social media as their lifestyle. He's moving with the times...

Im sure it would be similar to when Mobile phones, PC's or Internet were the latest innovations - some people would've snuffed at it but now it's bigger than ever. Who remembers when the touchscreen mobile phones were bought out and everyone said they were gimic. I'd go some way to saying 99.9% of mobiles in everyday use are now touchscreens.

As for the documentary, I found it quite interesting - maybe just showing my youth... Yes - he loves himself but he also loves the sport and has found his own way of profiteering from it.
Kai

Shaung89 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:48 pm
I personally think he's good for the attraction of the younger audience to the sport. He's appealing to the latest generation where the youth look to social media as their lifestyle. He's moving with the times...
Need to get him promoting the exchange then

If he refuses we can open more hater threads :D

Return to “General discussion”