beginnertrader

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:38 pm
Fugazi wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:35 pm
CK2021 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:09 pm

Good luck scaling up with greyhounds.
I imagine there are people easily making £300+ a day on greyhounds. I would say thats sufficient scalability ?
I doubt there are many, if any, who will consistently take out that sort of money. As soon as you try to scale greyhound trading above minimum bets you get picked off and profitability takes a nosedive.
Do you mean scale in terms of stake size? or in term of number of bets?
jamesedwards

beginnertrader wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:51 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:38 pm
Fugazi wrote:

I imagine there are people easily making £300+ a day on greyhounds. I would say thats sufficient scalability ?
I doubt there are many, if any, who will consistently take out that sort of money. As soon as you try to scale greyhound trading above minimum bets you get picked off and profitability takes a nosedive.
Do you mean scale in terms of stake size? or in term of number of bets?
Stake size.
Fugazi

Kai wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:11 am
Fugazi wrote:
CK2021 wrote:

Good luck scaling up with greyhounds.
Not sure you could even do it manually anymore, would probably have to focus on the evening stuff more
Yikes, didn't realise it was that bad.

I wonder if alongside the low volumes, the market is kind of solved? With so few variables relatively compared to horse racing.
Crazyskier

Fugazi wrote:
CK2021 wrote:
beginnertrader wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:58 am
That's some imagination.

Only a martingale or 'bet more at loss' system would get close to that IMO, and then of course comes the inevitable bust. There just isn't the liquidity you seem to think there is on dogs. I've been trying for over a decade with a variety of systems and though profitable, I average £15-£40 daily using straight bets and trades, and despite my best efforts on over 160 markets daily, have yet to be able to consistently increase these figures while maintaining the margin.

CS
The Silk Run

I concur CS

My returns are similar to what you have quoted. I am running four instances, long term none of which are scalable. You just have to find the sweet-spot in terms of staking to avoid noise !!!

Difficult to get out of the traps loaded with money ....
Fugazi

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:15 pm
Fugazi wrote:
CK2021 wrote:

That's some imagination.

Only a martingale or 'bet more at loss' system would get close to that IMO, and then of course comes the inevitable bust. There just isn't the liquidity you seem to think there is on dogs. I've been trying for over a decade with a variety of systems and though profitable, I average £15-£40 daily using straight bets and trades, and despite my best efforts on over 160 markets daily, have yet to be able to consistently increase these figures while maintaining the margin.

CS
I'm genuinely quite surprised.

I guess the only way to make £300+ would be trackside. Knowledge of dodgy traps, slow/fast hare controllers etc.

To be honest the most lucrative method is probably to be a greyhound owner and fill your dog with a load of shite before the race while your mate goes and bets on something else 😂

Ps. Seems we have messed up the quote formatting
conduirez

Fugazi wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:18 pm
[
To be honest the most lucrative method is probably to be a greyhound owner and fill your dog with a load of shite before the race while your mate goes and bets on something else 😂
You have hit the nail on the head with dog racing, only it's the trainers. The funny thing is the sport has cleaned up a lot in the UK since the bookmakers started taking over the tracks, but it still goes on a bit.
Crazyskier

conduirez wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:05 pm
Fugazi wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:18 pm
[
You have hit the nail on the head with dog racing, only it's the trainers. The funny thing is the sport has cleaned up a lot in the UK since the bookmakers started taking over the tracks, but it still goes on a bit.
Indeed. Famously feeding Mars Bars at Hall Green in Brum when that track ran. Laddies own Perry Barr and nothing so obvious takes place there to my knowledge, though you do still get some bizarre runs, especially in ORs.

CS

Return to “General discussion”