Locking data in a spreadsheet.

bornagain

Is there a reasonably simple way to lock logged prices into a dynamic spreadsheet linked to Betfair APi.
Looking to lock prices at 10 minutes before the start of horse races, for use as a base reference.
Anbell

bornagain wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:15 pm
Is there a reasonably simple way to lock logged prices into a dynamic spreadsheet linked to Betfair APi.
Looking to lock prices at 10 minutes before the start of horse races, for use as a base reference.
Yes, that is quite straightforward, or you could just store the number in the app itself using stored values.
Fugazi

bornagain wrote:
Theres a website called horse data already does that, prices 5 , 10 and 15 mins before off for a tenner, if you want years worth of data
Anbell

Fugazi wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:53 am
bornagain wrote:
Theres a website called horse data already does that, prices 5 , 10 and 15 mins before off for a tenner, if you want years worth of data
What is that site?
bornagain

Thank you for your replies.
I want the prices at 10 minutes before race-time to be frozen somewhere on the sheet
from where i can use them as base reference against formulas,otherwise they will be updated
as time goes on and become of no use.
The problem arises when moving to the next race and cells need to be unlocked to receive the
new 10 minutes prices,before they are in turn frozen for base reference.
So this is partially about referencing price movement up to a point of my choosing.
sniffer66

Anbell wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:06 am
bornagain wrote:
Yes, that is quite straightforward, or you could just store the number in the app itself using stored values.
This. Grab them in BA, then export to a csv. Dead simple
Fugazi

Anbell wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:58 am
Fugazi wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:53 am
bornagain wrote:
What is that site?
I have absolutely no affiliation to this site. Subscribed, got the data i wanted then cancelled:

https://www.racing-bet-data.com/
bornagain

Thanks people, starting to understand how to do things.

Bet Angel is quite remarkable.

Return to “Horse racing”