Trailing Stop Not Working In Play

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
leest2019

Hi,

Any idea why the "Stop" isn't triggering? It touched the price it was meant to trigger at a few times so it's not like it crashed through it (I've got some extra stop losses in place just in case that happens).

Bet Angel 200324 1.jpg

Also, my Offset Bet isn't being kept in play despite the Keep In Play Rule.

Bet Angel 200324 2.jpg

Any idea?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Stop losses set via Global Settings are automatically cancelled when a market is turned in-play, otherwise they'll often be triggered prematurely when most of the money disappears for a few seconds at the time it goes in-play

There is an example of a Servant here that will do it, part of its rules means it won't allow the stop bet to be triggered for the first few seconds after it goes in-play
viewtopic.php?t=28580

You have used the same start and end time for the rule in the second screenshot (ie, you haven't armed it)
All rules need to be armed for at least 1 second, but I'd suggest you arm this type of rule for several seconds just in case you have a load of markets in Guardian to cycle through
leest2019

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense. I don't really want to use a servant as I wasn't going to be actively on the market - I might be on another market. Doesn't matter though, I can try another way such as putting counter bets in via automation (eg Green all selections) instead of Stop Losses.

I set the keep in play timings at 0 because that what it seems to indicate in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBNfUU_kcic unless I've misunderstood - it is quite an old vid.
Dallas

leest2019 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:22 pm
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense. I don't really want to use a servant as I wasn't going to be actively on the market - I might be on another market. Doesn't matter though, I can try another way such as putting counter bets in via automation (eg Green all selections) instead of Stop Losses.

I set the keep in play timings at 0 because that what it seems to indicate in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBNfUU_kcic unless I've misunderstood - it is quite an old vid.
The example was in the form of a servant but you could use it as an automation file with some edits to the Servant context options (ie, the selection its applied to etc), all it basically does is sets the stop loss the same as the Global settings does but inserts a delay just after it goes in-play - it can also be made trigger more than once so has a better chance of exiting the trade if it crashes through the price.

The timing was probably overlooked if Peter was just quickly going through a particular scenario/set up, but as long as the rule is armed for 1 or more seconds it'll be able to trigger

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”