Multiple betangel - multiple strategy on the same markerts

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
rain91

is it possible to open betangel twice and run two separate strategies on the same market without them affecting each other? (don't see the two opened betangel the matched unmatched bets - like in practice mode)
Derek27

rain91 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:14 pm
is it possible to open betangel twice and run two separate strategies on the same market without them affecting each other? (don't see the two opened betangel the matched unmatched bets - like in practice mode)
If you're using them on the same account, then each instant of BA will show the same bets, regardless of whether they were submitted from BA or the Betfair website.
Anbell

You can run more than one instance, with different strategies, but you do have to think through the issue
rain91

Anbell wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:45 am
You can run more than one instance, with different strategies, but you do have to think through the issue
Yes, i know it. But I'm thinking here that if I open the second betangel, it should not see the matched/unmatched bets, and vice versa. This data comes from betfair. But can't you change it somehow so that they come from your own memory, like in the practice mode?
Anbell

rain91 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:43 am
Anbell wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:45 am
Yes, i know it. But I'm thinking here that if I open the second betangel, it should not see the matched/unmatched bets, and vice versa. This data comes from betfair. But can't you change it somehow so that they come from your own memory, like in the practice mode?
No. Derek is correct about that. In theory, your cousin could have an account with betfair that you run on your computer...
firlandsfarm

This is my biggest bug-bear with BA. You can have two profitable strategies but they can accidentally interact with each other and convert both into loss making strategies. We have the facility to Store information of the last bet matched so why not the same option for the last bet placed. Once we have the Bet ID we can use it to ID/isolate this bet from other bets placed by other strategies.
Anbell

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:07 am
This is my biggest bug-bear with BA. You can have two profitable strategies but they can accidentally interact with each other and convert both into loss making strategies. We have the facility to Store information of the last bet matched so why not the same option for the last bet placed. Once we have the Bet ID we can use it to ID/isolate this bet from other bets placed by other strategies.
customerStrategyRef is the field for the API
firlandsfarm

Anbell wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:15 am
customerStrategyRef is the field for the API
Ahh, so is that like the "Magic Number" in MTL4 and 5? It ID's the strategy used to place the bet. Nice, but ... I don't use the API. I have no idea how to code it nor any real desire to do so ... I'm too old to try/want to learn another language. If it's in the API why can't we have it in Guardian SV's and Conditions?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”