Taking SP and Greening on Greyhounds

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jucatorul

Hi,

In a greyhounds market, I want to place a Back bet, and when it is entirely matched, to automatically trigger a Lay bet at SP.

In this case I would generate a free bet. But ideally, I would wish to hedge this.

I assume you can't? Given that the market will not go in play?

Many thanks!
Anbell

jucatorul wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:04 am

Correct.
napshnap

jucatorul wrote:
Hi,

In a greyhounds market, I want to place a Back bet, and when it is entirely matched, to automatically trigger a Lay bet at SP.

In this case I would generate a free bet. But ideally, I would wish to hedge this.

Many thanks!
you can use near official start time LTP as a good (but not perfect) approximation of SP and then calc hedge bet size to hedge.
Anbell

napshnap wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:34 am
jucatorul wrote:
Hi,

Many thanks!
you can use near official start time LTP as a good (but not perfect) approximation of SP and then calc hedge bet size to hedge.
Theoretically!
jucatorul

napshnap wrote:
jucatorul wrote:
Hi,

Many thanks!
Sounds smart, thanks! I will try to hedge this way, or even considering the projected SP.
napshnap

jucatorul wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:47 pm
napshnap wrote:
jucatorul wrote:
Hi,

Many thanks!
Sounds smart, thanks! I will try to hedge this way, or even considering the projected SP.
by my experience ltp is a few % closer to sp than projectedSP (nearSP).

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”