Half time break

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Iron

Is it profitable to scalp the in-play football market during the half-time break?

My thinking is that the market should be pretty stable, as there's unlikely to be any major news, and lots of punters at home will be placing their bets during that time.

Thanks

Jeff
LeTiss

Good spot mate, I've been trading half-times for 3 years.......it's a goldmine!

You get 15-20mins to get your bets off, there's excellent liquidity for most markets and brilliant opportunities are easy to spot. Clearly, many traders have concerns during the game of a goal going against them, hence liquidity increasing massively during the break

My advice is to always lay first.
For example, if Man City lead Wolves 1-0 at half-time tonight, and the lowest price traded during the game was 1.17, I always lay a wedge at that price or 1.16. With the game not being played, you're not going to get wiped out with a second goal, and there's no reason during the break for City's price to tumble. They always bounce back at least 2 ticks.

Have a play on the practice mode Jeff, you'll see what I mean.

**Edit: I just like to add that correct scores and goals under have the same principles, and also offer great opportunities
Iron

Thanks Le Tiss - I'll give it a go!

Jeff
PeterLe

Also worthwhile watching the odds when the extra time is announced..
regards
Peter
Adster

I advise trading the HT correct score markets which can be very profitable due to a bounce effect which usually occurs in about 85% of low scoring games.

Perfect low risk time to scalp for live games where liquidity is ££££.
freddy

shhhhhhhhh ;)

Return to “Football trading”