EXCEL HELP

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
discowayne

HI ALL. COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW I CAN GET EXCEL TO SHOW ME, WHEN AT LEAST ONE OR MORE CELLS HAVE THE SAME VALUE (FOR EXAMPLE : WHEN THERE ARE AT LEAST TWO PRICES SHOWING, OF LETS SAY 2.10
MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE WAYNE.
(DISCOWAYNE)
nigelk

There are a couple of ways. Here's one.

For two horses it would be:

=IF(AND(G9=2.1,G11=G9),1,0)

Where G9 and G11 are the current back prices.
( If you need it to say "back" or whatever, just change the 1 so: =IF(AND(G9=J2,G11=G9),"Back",0)

for three:

=IF(AND(G9=2.1,G11=G9,G13=G9),1,0)

If you need a bit more versatility,without changing the formula all the time, you can always substitute the "=2.1" with another cell reference, and put the price you require in there.

For example, the price I am looking for is 2.5, so I'll put 2.5 in J2 (change to suit), and the formula would then be:

=IF(AND(G9=J2,G11=G9),1,0)
discowayne

Hi NIGEL,
Thank you for your speedy response in replying to my question. !
However, your answer was not quite what I was looking for. I may not have expressed myself fully within my initial question, but perhaps this nest statement and question my give more light to what it is, that I am really hoping to achieve.
How can I get excel to show me that, when 2 or more cells “each” have a value of LESS THAN 2.00.
My spreadsheet looks a little like this.
Column A contains 6 cells, going down, each of these cells contains a number, which corresponds to the betting odds/price for each of 6 Horses.
Now, when the Horse Race has started, the betting odds/price change for each Horse. I am looking for a function-formula to display “LAY ALL” when at least 2 of the 6 odds/prices are below 2.00.

In effect, what I am hoping to do, is to Lay the field, (In-Play) but only when at least 2 Horses have odds/price below 2.00. With all due respect and for obvious reasons, if at least 2 of my lay bets get matched with odds/price of under (LESS THAN) 2.00, then we would be laughing all the way to the bank.

I hope this makes better understanding, as to what I am looking for.

Once again, Many Thanks in anticipation !

WAYNE.
nigelk

Hi Wayne,

In one cell (D4 in this case), you could have the formula:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"<2")

which will give you the number of horses trading at less than 2

In another:

=IF(D4>=2,"Lay all",0)

which just looks at the first cell result, and if two or more horses are trading at less than 2 will "Lay all"

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”