So I think this is the right place to ask this question

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Sfarad

So this is my first post. I just wanted to say how great you are I feel I am really in the right place.
I need help getting an in-play method I seek to use.
Basically its how to give betangel a command to back in play a number of horses when in play only if they reach a target profit of say 20%. I have added a pic to show what result I want to get. I just have trouble with guardian doing this, maybe excel would be better.
Anyway here is the pic
http://tinypic.com/r/63t6wj/5

Thank you so much fellows
nicrag9

Hi
You would have to write some code in VBA for excel. At least that is how I would do it. You might get some better help if you ask this in the excel spreadsheet bit. If you have a cell in which the total stake is placed, then have VBA do the calculations for each runner you want to back. That way you could either have the same return on each runner, or a higher return on one or two runners. I would suggest that you have a cell for the equal return for each runner, and then a cell for unequal returns if that is what you want to do. You can then simply set a cell to calculate the percentage return and if it is over your desired percentage set a dutch. I would do it with flag cells. So you have a cell for each runner which is 1 if the return is correct otherwise 0, and then a cell which goes to 1 if all the runners, which you want to dutch, are over your percentage. I have attached an excel spreadsheet to give some of the basic calculations. It will not place any bets, but it should show you the formulae to calculate dutches. I have not actually tried it cos my pc is set up for todays racing but it should give the figures.

Nic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nicrag9

A better copy of the spreadsheet, I have checked this one and it shows the numbers correctly.

Nic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nicrag9

Here is one linked to the 8:40 this evening
Sfarad

you are amazing!!!!

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”