Early morning trading club

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

With the Melbourne cup just around the corner, I'll be up this Saturday getting in some practice to turn around my terrible record on this race. If anybody is around I'd welcome the company!

Rgds,
Peter
LeTiss

Bet Angel wrote:With the Melbourne cup just around the corner, I'll be up this Saturday getting in some practice to turn around my terrible record on this race. If anybody is around I'd welcome the company!

Rgds,
Peter
Wow

I've just noticed there's £451,000 already matched on the Melbourne Cup

That might be worth having a dabble on
andyfuller

Are you bringing the chips and dips Peter?

£400,000 matched on the first race
gilnic

Hello,
I haven’t started with Betangel yet. As I live in Australia I would like some information please re the feasibility of trading the Australian races (other than feature days like the Melbourne Cup).The other alternative is to trade UK races which means starting around midnight our time and going through til 3 approx.
Gil
J.S.

Don't think I'll be able to trade too late Saturday as I'm working Sunday morning, will try and catch a few of the early races. I will be about to trade all morning on Tuesday though (am working a night shift the following night so I will be staying up until 8am to adjust to nights anyway). Having so much time to kill I'll give it a go. Would be the first time I've traded this race so I'd be glad to have some company if you guys don't mind being seen with a newbie :lol:
andyfuller

Race two at Flemington saw £353,000 at the off.

Had a nightmare as my connection on my main PC lost its connection to the BF Servers for some reason :shock:

Thats why I always have the back up laptop connected on the 3G with the market loaded and just the Auto Refresh needing selecting. Would have proved costly as the horse I was exposed on went on to win!

Was a bit reluctant to go back in after that but managed to put an okay amount through the market and get an okay result.

Gilnic - Not really sure about what the other days are like as I can't say I have tried them. The few I have looked at when I have been on the PC didn't really have much money matched. They looked to have similar amounts matched as the USA racing but as I say I have only looked at a few so I may be wrong but I am sure the market will be growing over there so in the future they will be better I am sure. Perhaps someone else may be able to inform you better.....I can't say I have done that many Oz markets as being in the UK I have the opposite time problems you have.

When I lived in Oz I used to do the UK racing in the evenings but I was doing it more for fun in those days where as now it is my living. You will have quite a delay on the UK markets compared to us based in the UK as your info obviously has to travel to the other side of the world and back. Also I think your bets wouldn't go through the London exchange but perhaps the Malta one as you would be an International customer (best to check that with someone with more knowledge, the VPS version might be of some use to you?)

When I trade the Oz races I get responses of about 450ms where as on the UK racing I get around 80ms! I would have thought you would have the opposite, i.e. 450ms for UK markets and 80ms for the OZ markets.

I personally would love to trade midnight through to 3am as I am a night person and not a morning person. I guess that is a decision only you can make. It would mean your whole day is free to do what you like!

I would have thought you would need to develop a long term trading strategy as opposed to scalping the UK markets due to the fact you would be at such a huge delay compared to us guys in the UK.

J.S. - Australia is ahead of us in time not behind. The Australian Saturday racing is on Friday night/Saturday morning here. So now is the time for it not tomorrow night.
J.S.

Thanks, well since I'm up anyway I'm logging in now to have a look :D
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Morning, I've opted to join for the first Group 1 race. Would like to have traded the card from the off but had to try and get some sleep in. With a young family I have to opt for the early morning despite not being a good early riser.

£436k on the 02:20.
andyfuller

Was £470k on the race before that - not a clue what my ISP is at but my connection went down again with a minute to the off :shock:
J.S.

Not really sure whats going on in these markets. Just traded a couple with min stakes and they are all going off at -5hrs on the event start time clock. Also on one race I had an open trade and when it suspended it did not go in running. I got caught and lost my stake, so it appears only some races go in running? Apart from this the liquidity seems to also vary massively between each race. I'm guessing there is only one or two major meeting that you guys are trading, as the liquidity on the others is really poor. Also are you guys getting a really high ping and that the performance is noticeably slower than the UK markets. Feels like a Saturday afternoon sort of API performance from here.

Anyway you live you learn. First time I've traded these markets and I've learnt quite a bit about them already.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Sorry to hear about the connection problems. Looks like the volume is holding up nicely. Maybe I should have done the whole card? Will hopefully get a nice boost ahead of the UK card.

Hate the way they suspend the markets 4 mins out!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

JS, you will only get big volume at Flem and some decent volume at Rose. The others will be very small in comparison. Most races will go in play but you are best trading to post time unless you have pictures. Can't immediately explain the -5 hours.
andyfuller

Yeah think it was just the ISP doing something - doesn't half wake you up though :)

Just goes to show the importance of having the back up. Probably not used it for near on a year but always ensure it is on and connected and loaded on the current market. It has just paid for itself numerous times over and made all the effort of ensuring it is up and running on the correct market all these months well worth it.

JS I tend to stick to the courses that are on ATR - today, Flemington and Rosehill. I am guessing your clock is wrong on your PC or something as these are all going off bang on time on mine.

The responses I get are about 400 to 500ms, don't forget you are sending info to the otherside of the world and back! I wish I could travel to the otherside of the world and back in half a second :)
andyfuller

I wouldnt go inplay at all as the inplay markets are nothing like the UK inplay markets. They tend to be very good at not going off before the post time. ATR pictures are delayed as usual and don't forget BF offer live video.

It tends to only be the big meetings that go inplay, check on the BF website I guess.
andyfuller

Having Francesca Cumani on the TV is just a bonus as well :)

Return to “Australian”