Have your say on the future of BETDAQ

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
jonboy1213

I have read all the replies on this thread with interest!! I hope that the acquisition of Betdaq will bring much needed competition to Betfair. Competition should be good news because BF have had it all their own way for too long!! Why don't they listen to their longterm traders and punters who have brought them great profits over the years!! Short term fixes are never the answer!! You only have to look at some of the so-called experts running some of the big high street stores to see that!! A long term strategy is the only way forward!! We all know that the companies have to answer to share holders but they have to have a direction that doesn't alienate what has helped them survive and build and be successful over the years!!

All of the posts mention the same thing the PC! Why clobber the successful trader for being successful!! These traders have made BF what they are today and i'm sure that a good competitior, maybe Betdaq, will make it tempting for traders to move there but it must be a long term model and vision!! Trading can be a stressful occupation using your own money so why make it less attractive financially than sitting behind a desk in an office!!60% PC is higher than our highest rate of income tax and the 45% rate is levied on peoples income by HMRC on what they earn per year and not what people have earnt cumulatively during their "working" lifetime!!

I sincerely hope that Betdaq/Laddaq listen to what they are being told and take it onboard because we as traders/punters know what makes a good profitable and liquid exchange! Competition is normally a good thing and maybe, just maybe, BF will listen as weel and go back to something like the good old days where they make profits and so do we!!!!!!
mugsgame

Betdaq - You asked a question and you have a pretty resounding answer that puts most of us in agreement. It would be good to hear some sort of response from you.
giulio2010

mugsgame wrote:Betdaq - You asked a question and you have a pretty resounding answer that puts most of us in agreement. It would be good to hear some sort of response from you.
I have thought to send them an e-mail and see if they can reply to all of us via this thread but my english is very bad so maybe you can send them an e-mail please!! ;)
[email protected]
mugsgame

I'm sure they read this - or what was the point of the post in the first place?
Euler

I had a meeting with the board of Betdaq yesterday and I can confirm that have taken on board all the comments on this thread.
giulio2010

mugsgame wrote:I'm sure they read this - or what was the point of the post in the first place?
I was sure they read this too but no answears yet..It made me wonder..that's all..maybe they need a push to check this thread again...
No pressure ofc...I will wait their response!!!
Tx
LeTiss

Euler wrote:I had a meeting with the board of Betdaq yesterday and I can confirm that have taken on board all the comments on this thread.
Did you notice a difference in them, in terms of energy, ambition and enthusiasm?

Or did you detect a change in attitude for the worse?
Euler

I'm optimistic that the Ladbrokes acquisition will be a positive move for betting exchange users.
giulio2010

Euler wrote:I had a meeting with the board of Betdaq yesterday and I can confirm that have taken on board all the comments on this thread.
Thank you!!
Wainwright

Yes, that's good to hear - Game On then hopefully :D

- I'd personally like to see the BD API improved so that BetAngel for BD can be brought up to the same spec as the BF version (I'd particularly like to see matched volumes at different odds levels)
Euler

Feel free to keep posting on this thread so I can keep representing your views to Betdaq.
pettert

I would be willing to contribute a great deal of liquidity to Betdaq. However, Norwegian users was recently excluded from Betdaq, without any apparent reason. Norwegian users have full access to Ladbrokes (and also to Betfair), so I can not see why this exclusion from Betdaq.
PeterLe

Euler wrote:I'm optimistic that the Ladbrokes acquisition will be a positive move for betting exchange users.
Did they give you any indication as to their timescales they were working to?
I expect we will see something this side of Cheltenham??
Iron

One thing I would like to see is advanced charting, of the kind that you often get with financial trading platforms - moving averages, Average True Range, MACD, etc - with information updated live and going all the way back to the opening of the market.

Jeff
James1st

We did this all before and not a single thing happened:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4278

....Even the most basic data isn't available.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”