Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Heisenberg

Hmmmm that's weird, they would normally go in play. Very strange.
Derek27

Heisenberg wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:01 am
NZ thoroughbreds all go in play, harness racing doesn't except for Fridays when it does go in play.
Except on a new moon.
Derek27

Anbell wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:34 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:44 am
Does the BSP price (4.43) get plotted on the graph, or is it just coincidence?
download.jpg
Coincidence, I think. (It's actually a separate market)
It's not quite a separate market because when there's an imbalance of BSP backers and layers money that doesn't correlate to the exchange, one side or the other gets matched with what's available on the exchange until it balances out. I'm just wondering if the exchange money that's reconciled with BSP money gets plotted on the graph along with the turnover.
Anbell

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:51 pm
I'm just wondering if the exchange money that's reconciled with BSP money gets plotted on the graph along with the turnover.
I dont specifically know but I presume so, but you wouldnt necessarily see any at 4.43
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Anbell wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:44 am
Does the BSP price (4.43) get plotted on the graph, or is it just coincidence?
download.jpg
It's not quite a separate market because when there's an imbalance of BSP backers and layers money that doesn't correlate to the exchange, one side or the other gets matched with what's available on the exchange until it balances out. I'm just wondering if the exchange money that's reconciled with BSP money gets plotted on the graph along with the turnover.
Don't think it does...there was £83 @ 9.369 SP in this one and I don't see that in the vol bars.
Screenshot_2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Anbell wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:59 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I'm just wondering if the exchange money that's reconciled with BSP money gets plotted on the graph along with the turnover.
I dont specifically know but I presume so, but you wouldnt necessarily see any at 4.43
I don't have bionic eyesight so I can't see if the graph was bang on 4.43 ;) , but the graph did hit that area.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:54 am
Derek27 wrote:
Anbell wrote:

Don't think it does...there was £83 @ 9.369 SP in this one and I don't see that in the vol bars.
Screenshot_2.png
I'm not suggesting that the total volume of BSP bets get incorporated into the graph. Just the ones that are reconciled with the exchange.

For example, £250 of BSP back bets against £750 of BSP lay liabilities on a horse that's trading at 4.0 at the off, those bets can be matched and nothing much hits the exchange. If the BSP lay bets are disproportionately higher than the back bets, the excess would hit the exchange and match higher back bets. I'm just wondering if those bets affect the charts. It's quite difficult to tell with Aussie markets when BSP is reconciled after a horse is left in the stalls. ;)
Anbell

Heisenberg wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:02 am
Hmmmm that's weird, they would normally go in play. Very strange.
NZL in play today
Anbell

indefinite delay Geelong
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:26 am
For example, £250 of BSP back bets against £750 of BSP lay liabilities on a horse that's trading at 4.0 at the off, those bets can be matched and nothing much hits the exchange.
I've often wondered how they would balance such an imbalance for BSP. And do they treat an actual BSP bet different to a "take BSP" unmatched bet? I have often not been matched when electing to "take BSP" if unmatched even when my requested odds were not far off the eventual BSP Price. Is the BSP formula/procedure known or guarded along with the Coca-Cola recipe?
Anbell

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:12 am
Derek27 wrote:
For example, £250 of BSP back bets against £750 of BSP lay liabilities on a horse that's trading at 4.0 at the off, those bets can be matched and nothing much hits the exchange.
I've often wondered how they would balance such an imbalance for BSP. And do they treat an actual BSP bet different to a "take BSP" unmatched bet? I have often not been matched when electing to "take BSP" if unmatched even when my requested odds were not far off the eventual BSP Price. Is the BSP formula/procedure known or guarded along with the Coca-Cola recipe?
I was talking to BDP recently and was surprised to learn that 'take bsp' isnt guaranteed. They only take what is needed from the exchange. So if a horse is 10.0 and there is 1000 to back SP, and 9000 liability to lay SP, they reconcile that first, and if they dont need to take any from the exchange, they dont.

BSP goes first, then Take SP, then SP with a limit.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
It's actually quite well explained here:

https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/FAQs_SPrules.html
mcgoo

Probably won't be able to trade today anyway as a mate and I are going to check out the scenery at Southbank Beach (in Winter ;) ) over a pint or 2 before it all shuts down again. Hope it is a good session for you peeps..despite the lack of the R's in NSW. Looking over my last 100 trades been getting very smooth results with the occasional big blip up which is entirely opposite to the usual large blip down :P ..hopefully the discipline I have cultivated holds and I can slowly etch out a few nice edges. :mrgreen: Enjoy.
gazuty

firlandsfarm wrote:
I have often not been matched when electing to "take BSP" if unmatched even when my requested odds were not far off the eventual BSP Price. Is the BSP formula/procedure known or guarded along with the Coca-Cola recipe?
Seems very strange. I’ve had every single unmatched bet that had its status as “take sp” matched, unless of course it was a lay bet below the minimum liability (because it had been nibbled down - as generally I wouldn’t place a lay offset at less than the minimum). Some of those take sp bets matched have been a decent size.

Until your post above I’ve never heard of anyone having a take sp bet left on the shelf so to speak, unless you have a lay bet below the minimum liability.
Derek27

mcgoo wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:14 pm
Probably won't be able to trade today anyway as a mate and I are going to check out the scenery at Southbank Beach (in Winter ;) ) over a pint or 2 before it all shuts down again. Hope it is a good session for you peeps..despite the lack of the R's in NSW. Looking over my last 100 trades been getting very smooth results with the occasional big blip up which is entirely opposite to the usual large blip down :P ..hopefully the discipline I have cultivated holds and I can slowly etch out a few nice edges. :mrgreen: Enjoy.
Enjoy your beer. :)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”