Australian racing

The sport of kings.
sionascaig

napshnap wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:05 am
eightbo wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:17 am
Perhaps I'll try adding a condition to check market volume has updated (now) vs. 5s ago and 10s ago as an extra failsafe.
That''s a good move. When I code I always consider the worst scenario and never rely on someone else. Also, doulbe check everything with 1-2 day lag.
I usually add a Time since unsuspended condition > x secs to help as well.
napshnap

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:12 am
napshnap wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:05 am
eightbo wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:17 am
Perhaps I'll try adding a condition to check market volume has updated (now) vs. 5s ago and 10s ago as an extra failsafe.
That''s a good move. When I code I always consider the worst scenario and never rely on someone else. Also, doulbe check everything with 1-2 day lag.
I usually add a Time since unsuspended condition > x secs to help as well.
And if something is not right then just skip that market, dont mess with it - there are tons of em ahead!
Anbell

megarain

Race caller error race 3 Wodonga - about $4k matched at 1.01 on wrong horse (6th) called winner.

Caller off someones Xmas card list.
Thosefoxpeople

megarain wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:20 am
Race caller error race 3 Wodonga - about $4k matched at 1.01 on wrong horse (6th) called winner.

That was really weird, he called the winner the right name when it hit the front with a furlong to go so it's not like he was calling it wrong the entire race. Must have been someone just relying on the radio call. I mean you could even see the saddle cloth number when he made the mistake.
megarain

Thosefoxpeople wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:56 am
megarain wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:20 am

That was really weird, he called the winner the right name when it hit the front with a furlong to go so it's not like he was calling it wrong the entire race. Must have been someone just relying on the radio call. I mean you could even see the saddle cloth number when he made the mistake.
The real winner was number 11, and the one he called was number 1 - so maybe it was just a momentary lapse etc.

Some of the country tracks have abysmal comms, but this was slightly above average - so, just right it off as the caller having a bad day.

I actually had laid the one he called the winner (pre-race) and got a pretty big shock - but luckily did no more than wonder.
James

I've been trying to come up with some punting strategies for Aus racing. I've found something that looks promising but CL2 races seem to be unprofitable.

The strategy looks for selections in CL1-CL6 races. It is profitable over a decent sample in all classes except for CL2 which seems odd. It is possible it is just variance or a quirk in the data but unlikely.

I know very little about Aus racing so wondered whether there is anything unique about CL2 races?

Any steer would be appreciated.

Thanks
sionascaig

James wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:44 am
I've been trying to come up with some punting strategies for Aus racing. I've found something that looks promising but CL2 races seem to be unprofitable.

The strategy looks for selections in CL1-CL6 races. It is profitable over a decent sample in all classes except for CL2 which seems odd. It is possible it is just variance or a quirk in the data but unlikely.

I know very little about Aus racing so wondered whether there is anything unique about CL2 races?

Thanks
Strangely enough I have a laying bot that does v well on CL2 )

(its CL1 I avoid)
Anbell

James wrote:

Thanks
What is your sample size?
James

1k+ races per class
James

sionascaig wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:01 am
James wrote:

Thanks
Strangely enough I have a laying bot that does v well on CL2 )

(its CL1 I avoid)
Thanks
sionascaig

James wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:47 am

Thanks
Only been running for 5 months though... prob still huge amount of variance in my returns...
andy28

One lucky punter won $10m from the NZ Tab, all they had to do was select the correct finishing order of the Everest (to 12th) with 1 selection. Odds were 469m/1. Fortunately the TAB had taken out insurance so no harm done there
megarain

It's a good effort, but the 469m/1 stat assumes each horse has an equal chance.

Probably just being needlessly pedantic.
andy28

No you are right, they basically followed the betting, so the true odds would have been much lower

Return to “Trading Horse racing”