Excel speed in-play

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
sclarence

Im sure this has probably been covered several hundred times.....

However, Im struggling to find the optimum settings for my strategy. I don't scalp or do hundreds of trades an hour, I basically place one or two backs at specifics times in running. For some reason my excel file updates painfully slow inPlay, it must be over a second a least, yet on the betangel screen for the same race this is updating as it should every 300ms or so.....

Is this just a computer processing problem or am I missing something in the settings tabs and options? Which settings should I be playing with to find a happy balance. Does excel take its speed of updating from the betangel screen or the settings on guardian? Confused.com

Cheers

Steve.
Euler

Have you taken into account the inplay delay?
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Are you referring to the speed the data updates or the speed of bet placement?
sclarence

On the bet going into the market yes, but Im just talking about the screen refresh rate on excel, its slooooow. :?
LinusP

It will be your computer, what are you using? Memory/processor?
PeterLe

have you connected Excel via Guardian? If so try and connect it direct..
Regards
Peter
sclarence

Yes it is through guardian, How do I connect direct??
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

When I connect to Excel in Guardian I see the following:

- The market in current main focus of the application (i.e. the one showing in the one click screen, ladder etc.) updates in real time to an Excel sheet connected via Guardian. This remains the same whether pre-off or in-play with the only difference being a bet placement delay when in-play.

- Other markets not in main focus update slower based upon the Guardian refresh cycle rate. For example, if I have ten markets and the cycle rate is 1 second, each market will update once every ten seconds.
LinusP

See image...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sclarence

Thanks guys, i'll give some of this a try today.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”