Betfair API-NG

Euler

xitian wrote:Perhaps this is one of the things that Peter is referring to when he says that API-NG just isn't ready yet? Kind of concerning when they keep warning of the cut off in November!
We have raised these performance issues with Betfair. You can't expect people to migrate to a poorer system.
xitian

Email from Betfair today:
Further to our earlier announcements and owing to a requirement from Betfair Australia, the retirement of API 5.0 & 6.0 has been delayed and this will now take place on Monday 10th November 2014 (GMT timezone).

Sunday 9th November 2014 will be the final day of full service on API 5.0 & 6.0
Euler

I've been moaning at them for months that it didn't make sense to go for launch during the Melbourne Cup Carnival! Thank god they finally saw sense.
gazuty

Euler wrote:I've been moaning at them for months that it didn't make sense to go for launch during the Melbourne Cup Carnival! Thank god they finally saw sense.

Would have been similar to watching the crash of the Hindenburg.
Wobbler

i've just updated today and first thing i noticed is that it's not smooth at all, i'm going to have a play around with a few settings etc and see what happens
Wobbler

still not getting it running smooth, all my charts jittering along especially when traffic gets heavier closer to the off. unimpressed tbh.
gazuty

Not all races loaded up today into guardian from "quick picks" today..

Missing some Sandown races and others. :(

I can see them in the card, but they are not loading in from the "quick picks" selection. About 10 races missing.

Not sure if that is an issue with API or with Guardian.
Euler

We spoke to BF about this on Friday and they don't have an immediate fix, but we have released new build that should patch over things while we wait for one. Version 1.37.5
Wobbler

not been to bad today until the paddy power gold cup, the 5minutes before the off it really slowed down.
PeterLe

just been looking at the refreshes and responsiveness times, seems to be flying these days.
taking advantage of the cancellation of data requests too, betangel is working 24 x 7 at the mo, Uk Races, Then US and finally Aus..all on automation. in the background I have the greyhounds. betangels not bad value when you think it's< 50p a day! :D
marksmeets302

I have the feeling that the what-if figures on the web site are not correct (I mean the green or red numbers that tell you the pnl if he horse wins). Not sure if this has anything to do with the new api, or the new site. Although it might very well be that betfair uses the api itself. Would make sense...

I'm still converting my strategies to the new api but not being able to rely on the site doesn't make things easier. I've contacted betfair about this about a month ago but their answer didn't was one like "we don't understand". Today I made a new attempt at contacting them because it cost a bit of money again :-) According to my program I was green, according to the site I wasn't. Not trusting the program I hedged manually, forgot to turn off the program so it reversed the trade again (and made matters worse). Killed the program but couldn't hedge anymore because the horse had no chance of winning anymore.

Upon examination I could at the very least see one clear problem: In the betfair profit and loss statements I had a bet for 2.93 at 970.95. If you click on it you can see the partial fills. These were [email protected] and 1.08 at 480. And that does not sum up to a bet of 2.93 at an average odds of 970.95. I sent the screenshots to betfair, hopefully they will fix it. And I think this also explains the wrong what-if figures.

Anybody else come across this problem as well?

Mark.
Euler

Yes, My P&L often differs between the Betfair web site and Bet Angel's but it's definitely a Betfair web site issue. I have flagged this to them for about six months. I often can't post P&L's of the website because they are completely wrong.
Euler

If you have those images, I can raise it again with Betfair. I'm not looking at the site all the time so I often don't spot it. So if you have an example that would be great.
98lewisj

Seems a lot more stable and reliable today. hope its a sigh of things to come.
to75ne

why is there no non api mode or a mode 1?

if this new api goes down and sticks etc, does that mean the website as crashed or frozen.?

plenty of times i have had to trade out on mode 1 when the api as crashed, a few years ago (i am sure many will remember), more or less every saturday about 3 pm the api would either grind to a halt or crash or both

so if the new api crash's and freeze's does the web site also crash with the api, if not and the website is still usable, why no non api mode on the current version of ba?

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”