Betfair API-NG

steven1976

I've also not had any issue on Ausy markets.
LinusP

So its the 12th January, are we going to be told of any sort of pricing structure tomorrow?
LinusP

We would like to confirm that we have no plans to charge for API-NG access for the foreseeable future.

Free access is only available to private customers and licensed software vendors.

Commercial access is subject to our normal licensing requirements

We will provide two months notice if we decide to make any pricing changes in the future.

Betfair Developer Program
Posted on the betfair developers forum today :)
marko236

Thats good news, hopefully they keep it that way.
marksmeets302

Maybe I'm bringing old news, but here's what I accidentally stumbled upon:

https://api.developer.betfair.com/servi ... nuary+2016

most interesting:

October (beta) Exchange Market Streaming Stream market information (primarily prices) based on user-filters. Pending

January (beta) Exchange Order Streaming Stream bet information Pending

Meaning we'll finally have streaming price and order info, instead of having to call for updates every couple of milliseconds.
LinusP

I saw that yesterday, is this a good thing though?

Won't this open the floodgates to what happens in HFT...
xitian

I think it probably is a good thing since it'll raise the scalability of the exchange. I heard it should reduce their traffic by something like 85%, which I guess makes sense since I expect a lot of current market refreshes are just returning static markets.

I agree with the whole HFT argument, but I think that only applies to strategies which are seriously latency dependent. I would avoid anything too time dependent anyway because you're always going to get caught in a technological war with ever decreasing margins. Everyone has their own niche though I guess.
marksmeets302

I've never liked the request based model. Almost by definition you'll end up with incomplete information. People that are able to send more queries have an advantage.

With a lot of 'occasional users' hitting the refresh button every once per 10 seconds the model is okay, but when having more and more users that make 10-20 requests per second it must be much harder on them in terms of computing power and bandwidth. I guess this is initiative is also inspired from the ddos attacks a couple of months ago. So something good still came out of that :-)
Wainwright

It's been on their roadmap for quite a while I think. Really interested to see how it turns out - they claim to serve 2.5 billion API calls a day so if vendors adopt it (Peter ?!!) maybe it'll help reliability a bit...
Golfer

Any improvement in efficiency is countered by a decrease in hardware spend.
Euler

We've asked to be involved at an early stage, but haven't received any information as yet. We keep prodding.
PeterLe

Euler wrote:We've asked to be involved at an early stage, but haven't received any information as yet. We keep prodding.
Think we have an anticipated date now dont we ? (25th March?)
Just wonder if the BA team had done any work on the streaming API and if so, what do you think?

I wonder how this will change things? for the better or worse? Is there a new version of BA in the pipeline?
Thanks
Regards
Peter
LinusP

I registered to be involved in the beta in December but have heard nothing since.
PeterLe

It would be interesting to know if anyone has access yet?
Regards
Peter
Euler

No, I asked again on Friday if we could get access.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”