Ladders jumping after suspension

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
speakers

Hi chaps,
I've had a look around the help topics but can't find an answer to this.
I've been trading the Tour de France Stage Winner markets and it seems whenever Betfair suspends the market (probably to remove some unfortunate faller) and then re-opens it, the ladders go incredibly jumpy, where they refuse to be anywhere but centered on the current Lay price. The only way I can cure this is to close Betangel and re-open it. If they immediately suspend it again I have to go through the whole palaver again!
This causes 2 major problems: the first being that I have scrolled the ladder and tried to enter a bet only to see the ladder jump, putting the bet at the wrong price. The second being that often I don't have time to close and re-open Betangel so cannot trade out.
Can anyone help please?
aperson

I think this problem has been around for a while. Seems to happen when BF re-order a market. For me it's the F1 that causes the most problems with this. They seem to re-order markets when there is some significant change in the odds of the fave's, but often this happens at important times during an event as by definition these are the times that odds move significantly. It can be fustrating, I was mid-trade during the pit stops at the British GP and BF decided this was a good time to re-order the market.Don't know if anyone knows a way to stop this happening?
speakers

Thanks for your answer. Sorry to hear you suffer it too. Maybe it's because we trade the crazy markets!
I wonder if Euler ever experiences this and if he has mentioned it to Betfair or considered a method of preventing Betangel from reacting in that way?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

This is to do with caching in Betfair's API. Bet Angel displays the selection in and out of the market while it's removed from Betfair's cache so you sometimes get a bit of hokey cokey unfortunately.
speakers

Thanks for the explanation. Hokey Cokey? Okey dokey!
superfrank

Bet Angel wrote:This is to do with caching in Betfair's API. Bet Angel displays the selection in and out of the market while it's removed from Betfair's cache so you sometimes get a bit of hokey cokey unfortunately.
Can BA pls fix this? It often happens in racing after runners are withdrawn. Whatever data is coming through the API shouldn't make BA's static ladders start jumping around.
Euler

This is annoying so we are having another look at it. It's a tough error to trap though as we need to wait for a withdrawn runner. We will give it another look though.
speakers

Thanks. I'm sure we all understand you can only respond to problems when Betfair creates them.
superfrank

the problem was happening loads during the golf last night after Betfair kept suspending the market (for no good reason) and it was a pain. still, it was great trading fodder. well done Rory.
PeterLe

I noticed this too. In fact I was looking to see if I had ticked a box saying centralise the ladder in some way.
It could lead to entering the market at the wrong odds!

Return to “Support”