Excel spreadsheet traded horse volumes

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
coys1717

Hi Forum,

I'm trying to develop my own spreadsheet using VBA in excel however i'm struggling to pick it up.

I'm after the increase in volume per horse per second. This means taking the live data feed figure eg £100, waiting 1 second
re-taking the live data feed figure now £150 and displaying the difference, in this case £50 was matched in the last second.

There is something completely wrong with the code I have and doesn't seem to work with the Betangel workbook.

So my question is, has someone already posted a spreadsheet with this capability?
leesnose

Hello,

There is another user on here who is a wizard with excel & very generous with his help. I think his username is nigelk.

He has started a website that will walk you through what you need to know:

http://www.tradersandpunters.com/capturing-data/
nigelk

Talk of the devil... I've been making something similar to Coys request for the last couple of days

http://www.tradersandpunters.com/spreadsheet-test/

It was private but I'll make it available to get some feedback.
Columns A:G is general info about that particular race. Cols H onward focus on the runner who has the biggest trading range, min/max/BSP, the amount traded before 11:00 and how that amount was ranked out of all the £ traded on each horse, total pre off £ amount and where that horse was placed.

It only contains 3 months worth of data, but I'll add more over the next few days and re post it

There are some inconsistancies in the B/F data, you can see there is a PA Grp1 and also a Grp1 PA, I'm spotting these as I go and correcting where necessary.

Anyway, as mentioned, please let me know what you would find most useful from things like this.

Cheers,Nigel
burdo77

Nice stuff nigel,it would be nice if you did a youtube video for it.

Always keen to learn more VBA.

May i suggest that coys1717 use some excel forums, they are briliant.

cheers burdo
coys1717

Thanks for the responses, ive been in a few of the forums and checked tutorials still not getting any closer to my goals. Nice spreadsheet though Nigel, many thanks for putting it up.
doncht

Good one right there Nigel. +1 on the video tutorial if you have time. :)
nigelk

The spreadsheet can capture whatever is the the BA sheet. It currently captures the back price (G9), all you haqve to do is to point it to G10, to get the amount available each time, then subtract one figure from the next in the data capture sheet.

Cheers,Nigel.

Ps. You can pm me the code if you want and I can see If I can help.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”