VPS audio keeps stopping

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
PDC

Sorry for posting this again but I think I posted it in the incorrect section to begin with as it should have been in Support rather than the General Discussion section. When using a VPS to trade the audio alerts such as 'this event will start in 5 minutes', every day stop working throughout the day. I have not been able to establish any pattern to it. Does anyone know how this can be fixed. At present the only solution is to close the VPS and reload it and that fixes it but eventually the audio stops. Sometimes this is after 10 seconds, other 10 minutes, other an hour and everything in between. I do not think this is anything to do with my setup and wondered if it is a software issue and others have the same issues?
Dallas

When you say 'close it' do you mean just disconnet from your local computer or you have to actually log the VPS off via its start menu button?

If you have it open but shrunk to your local task bar after a period of inactivity it can disconnect its self and when this happens the sounds will stop until a connection is established.
PDC

Thank you for your reply Dallas. When I say 'close it' to get the audio working again when it has stopped, I mean I minimize the VPS window on my home PC. Then I right click the VPS in the task bar on my home PC and select 'Close Window'. I then have to log back into the VPS from my home PC. Effectively reconnecting to the VPS. The VPS itself still has the software running the whole time whilst I do the above. The audio stops working at random times it seems, for example I could click to lay and the audio be working, a few seconds later I click to back and the audio has stopped working. Or I can go for several races and the audio is fine. So it is happening when the VPS is open and being used.
Dallas

Its a strange one that it stops working whilst still active and in use and not something i have come across before. Do you have another pc/laptop you can connect to the VPS with - this should at least identify if the issues lies on the VPS or the local computer your currently using?
PDC

Thank you again for replying Dallas. I do not easily have another PC that I can use but I will try and sort one out in the next week or so in order to allow me to test it. Do you use the Audio alerts and not have any issues with them via the VPS when using it for a whole day?
Dallas

I have never had any issues with audio even on the occasions i have had the VPS open and running all day - and i have done this using several computers.

Although most of the time once i have set it up thats it for the day i just log off and rarely return until the evening or following morning.

Keep us posted once you have had chance to try on another pc
PDC

Thank you.

Return to “Support”